4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

A ride in the Texas Hot Rod's 547rwhp Saleen Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:16 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: A ride in the Texas Hot Rod's 547rwhp Saleen Mustang

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

I still want to know...

547 with only 6 PSI????
I'm with you... I've never seen numbers that high before with such low boost.
Dude..... Texas Hot Rods is the most B!TCH!N tune I've ever seen! I mean that same weekend I wittnessed a 625rwhp 2007 Shelby with 9.5 PSI, Exhuast and CAI, with THRs own tunning experts! Brian himself!

I tell you man. I was once scepticle......... But if you GO down there and really see his and his shops work for yourself.... You WILL become a believer to!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:21 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Oh yea.....And its NOT all aboutt the PSI..... You can be running over 20 psi in a friggin Honda Civic but still only be pushing 400rwhp....

PSI is just the amount of pressure the air is compressed into...... Consider it as a tool or number graph..... Just because you have HIGH boost does not ALWAYS equal high power....

You can run a 18 psi pulley on a KB 2.4 and put it through a mustang..... However.... If you open up the exhuast, heads, cams, air in..... etc..... you are creating less resistence for the air to push through, therefore making the air expand more, losing some psi, but gaining horespower at the same time... Understand?

Just because you run a 12 or 14 lb pulley on a blower does not mean your car will put out 12 to 14 lbs.... Depending on how restrictive your system is.... depends on boost....

Remeber is NOT all about boost. I discovered it first hand myself.... And you heard me in the video at my shock and awe at it.... You saw the boost gauge and you heard and felt the power..... The gauge doesn't lie..... Go down to El Paso and see Texas Hot Rods tunning work yourself! Trust me. It will open your eyes!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:27 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Oh yea.....And its NOT all aboutt the PSI..... You can be running over 20 psi in a friggin Honda Civic but still only be pushing 400rwhp....

PSI is just the amount of pressure the air is compressed into...... Consider it as a tool or number graph..... Just because you have HIGH boost does not ALWAYS equal high power....

You can run a 18 psi pulley on a KB 2.4 and put it through a mustang..... However.... If you open up the exhuast, heads, cams, air in..... etc..... you are creating less resistence for the air to push through, therefore making the air expand more, losing some psi, but gaining horespower at the same time... Understand?

Just because you run a 12 or 14 lb pulley on a blower does not mean your car will put out 12 to 14 lbs.... Depending on how restrictive your system is.... depends on boost....

Remeber is NOT all about boost. I discovered it first hand myself.... And you heard me in the video at my shock and awe at it.... You saw the boost gauge and you heard and felt the power..... The gauge doesn't lie..... Go down to El Paso and see Texas Hot Rods tunning work yourself! Trust me. It will open your eyes!
This message brought to you by Project Bumboclaat Support Team....LOL

I can't wait to see her, Vic.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:41 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

This message brought to you by Project Bumboclaat Support Team....LOL

I can't wait to see her, Vic.
You me both! lol.... Can't wait to lay waste on that "built 306 stroker" mustang gt! lol
Old 02-21-2007, 04:56 PM
stangarang
2nd Gear Member

wish i lived in tx, cause getting a ride in it would be awesome!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:22 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

I still want to know...

547 with only 6 PSI????
Dude..... Texas Hot Rods is the most B!TCH!N tune I've ever seen! I mean that same weekend I wittnessed a 625rwhp 2007 Shelby with 9.5 PSI, Exhuast and CAI, with THRs own tunning experts! Brian himself!

I tell you man. I was once scepticle......... But if you GO down there and really see his and his shops work for yourself.... You WILL become a believer to!
I don't doubt anyones credibility... but thats just unheard of to me. 625rwhp on 9.5 psi? What kind of dyno is this being run on? I understand that boost isnt everything, but I cannot fathom exhaust, cai, and a tune doing that without going to a smaller pulley on a twin screw blower. If it was that easy, then why arent more guys sending their cars to THR from all over the country? Noone else is claiming those kind of numbers on that little of mods for the Shelby's. Amazon is a very reputable shop in SC and I don't believethey are getting numbers like that. Not trying to bust anyones bubble here... but it just makes me skeptical.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:56 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

I still want to know...

547 with only 6 PSI????

I don't doubt anyones credibility... but thats just unheard of to me. 625rwhp on 9.5 psi? What kind of dyno is this being run on? I understand that boost isnt everything, but I cannot fathom exhaust, cai, and a tune doing that without going to a smaller pulley on a twin screw blower. If it was that easy, then why arent more guys sending their cars to THR from all over the country? Noone else is claiming those kind of numbers on that little of mods for the Shelby's. Amazon is a very reputable shop in SC and I don't believethey are getting numbers like that. Not trying to bust anyones bubble here... but it just makes me skeptical.
Its on a mustang dyno........ Go see for yourself on day! lol
Old 02-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

Goldeneagle_10,

and all therest of the curious folk on the boards, it was 574 rwhp & 554 rwtq with custom 1 7/8 inch stepped headers and complete 3 inch mandrel bent stainless exhaust with a JLT carbon fiber intake and MAF with SCT advanced tuning on our MD, Mustang Dyno,. The 640, 647, etc were different customers that were watching us tune this from scratch calling out the SAE or weather / altitude corrected numbers, which were 1.12487 that day based on the integrated barometer and weather station we have with our dyno. I have the dyno sheets and video if anyone wants to see it. We are not claiming overrated numbers. Picking up 100-150 with these mods and good tuning is the norm.

As for why we don't have cars from all over?? Who said we don't?? We have cars from Australia, Egypt, Northern Ireland, NC, SC, , AZ, MO, TX, OK, LA, GA, NJ, NY, etc...and most of the other 50 states on a regular basis. We service all 50 US states and several other countries. Not trying to brag, but we don't limit our services to the great state of TX. We can help anyone with a stang whereever it may be as we can coordinate shipping, delivery, and even containers for international services. We have invested alot of time on the road at NMRA, FFW, Clash, WFC, and other shows to promote, race, and develope our parts, cars, and tuning. We also have been fortunate to have been in MMFF, 5.0, and other mags as we continually try to grow. Thanks Vic and everyone from the boards for the kind words. If you ever have any questions, please contact us for help. That is why we are here...we live this stuff!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Yummy
Old 02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Makes more sense now.... I can see where those numbers can come from. Thanks for the clarification.