4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Moding the tail turn signal!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Andrew00GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Moding the tail turn signal!

Hi guys, I bought my car at the end of janurary this year and the first thing i noticed was that on my tail lights when the turn signals are on the tailights will not all flash together.... they go from the inside out 1 out o the 3 bulbs at a time. does anyone have this or have heard of this? It is really concerning me beacuse the other day i went to leave work after letting my car sit for only 3 hours it was DEAD!!! I was pissed and couldnt figure it out so i took it to autozone they tested my batt. said it was good....plugged the car in to see if any error codes would come up ... nothing .... then tested my alternator and said it was going ... it wasn't able to charge by batt. fast enough at an idle .. BUT i KNEW that cant be all there has to be a drain somewhere. ... so the day went on and i get to my friends housse and headlights were off and everything but for some reason my break lights are glowing like rudolphs nose! got home and unplugged the batt because at 12am i dont need deal with it. Yesterday i examine everything and my mechanic told me it was my brake switch got stuck even though it is very unlikly (that was without him seeing it) So i look and under my dash there are a bunch of cut wires and taped wires by someone not to bright... It is worying me because on my break switch thre are 2 prongs another piece pluges into. the other piece if half on (on one prong) because there is a wire connected straight to the other one.. long story short the wire going straight to one of the prongs and the wire going to the black piece tht shuld be fit onto both prongs were melting together .. BIG lack of correct electrical taping. fixed it , re taped it and cars been fine since ..
Sorry for the long story but want to describe everything as much as i can, but just wanting to know if anyone has done the mod to the blinkers and if so does it include cutting several wires under the dash and what really is done to do that ...
All help/information is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 AM
xcodegt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Moding the tail turn signal!

i've got the signals you are looking for. I love the hell out of them! www.meter4it.com is where i got mine. they have adjustable patterns and were cheaper than other places. It's just a box with a harness that uses t-taps and can install in a half hour.