4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Stalker Hood Question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Hyper00
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Stalker Hood Question!!!

Adam03GT: Dude...if you are not going to answer the guys question or offer any productive advice, just don't respond. Makes you look like a d*ck.

GT3G4Me: You can remove the vent from the hood, but I don't the water, dust, and debris that would get in there is beneficial to your motor at all. You could replace it with some kind of mesh or something, but it may look awful, and I wouldn't want to ruin a hood I just paid $600+ for.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:06 PM
RipTide7
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5speedstang

i have cut the hood scoop out ony my gt hood and it works just fine. i drive during the rain and everything, no problems what so ever.
+1 got the sn95 ram air hood, no propblems in the rain at all
Old 05-28-2007, 01:06 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

ORIGINAL: deathblooms

To answer your question the vents can be removed if need to be, i personally have the whole stalker kit minus the wing, and love it, but to each his own on the body kit and neons subject. +1 on not having a problem driving in the rain or going through a car wash. Have fun with your car and do what you want with it imo.
Yes im not trying to deter him from doing what he wants... i just want him to be aware that he in fact will be rice. I dont understand the whole concept behind body kits? They add weight and if you dont like the way your car looks without major altering you probably should not buy it. And i promise you he got the idea to put a carbon fiber hood on his car from the fast and furious series or a kid who drives some sort of import.

And in my opinion any neons of any sort on a car is 100% rice. They serve no purpose. They were invented for 16 year olds to attract attention to their car.

P.S. Im not trying to be an as.s..... Im just expressing my hatred for retarded people
wtf man? going by that mindset you might as well say "dont change your stock exhaust....if you didnt like how your car sounded in the first place you shouldnt have bought it".... cuz realistically you dont gain too much power with an exhaust...its more of a sound preference....

point being....mustangs are a great platform to customize and personalize your own car while still being easily identifyiable...

i guess with your mentality everyone who changes the appearance of their car should be flamed. what about your chrome bullitts....how much power did they add dude?

and i guess we're all rice for having the fake GT hood scoops and side scoops.

anyways

i looked at peices from the stalker kit myself, and i think it looks much more badass than the stock GT hood...but im a functionality junkie and if/when i replace my hood i think im going with a 95 cobra R cowl style hood.

most of the aftermarket hoods weigh much less than the stocker anyways so dont worry about adding weight....its your car do what you will with it......tints....subs...amps....neons....have fun with it and f*ck everyone else.
Your kidding me right? Your a joke dude... go do some research. A full exhaust will benefiet our GTs more than any bolt ons....
its called an analogy smart guy.....your saying that its rice to change his hood and that he shouldnt have bought the car if he didnt like it the way it was..... I was taking that same mentality of yours and applying it to another aesthetic aspect of customizing..... but I guess you missed that...

my point being that for all the people on here who swap out exhausts, most of us have swapped out to change the sound of their car more than the power since the gains are so minimal (especially just a catback)....its personal preference....(kinda like how a hood looks).....i wouldnt call that rice and i wouldnt flame anyone for changing something stock to aftermarket....i mean you MAYBE gain 20 hp with a full exhaust... maybe more if you have long tubes as opposed to shorties and an O/R pipe compared to a catted blah blah blah..... my point is that if you want to go around throwin names out calling people retards for wanting to customize their cars no matter what it is they're doing, then you better be prepared to be flamed yourself....

but i guess im a joke....fully forged motor being broken in and a kenne bell in the garage.....while many of us can remember your posts of "waah my gt isnt fast...i wanna sell it and get a cobra waaah"... now that youve been onthe forumsa few months youre another online expert and slam people like you've known everything about mustangs your whole life....

but im the joke.....

*shakes head*

but back to the origional dude.....the stalker hood looks badass, but if you got it, you'd be better off leaving the scoops intact....unless you live in like nevada where it never rains lol
Old 09-13-2007, 07:11 PM
GT4G4Me
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the input guys. I was actually looking at the MACH 2 hood, and I personally like the dramatic look a bit more. It's basically a cowl hood split in two, so you get air in the engine bay and air coming out through the rear slits facing the driver. It's really interesting. In total, the fiberglass version is $315 and I can pick it up cuz it's in LA Painting it is around $200 for me, and hood pins are pretty cheap. So in the end, my car will not look ricey, but mean and SICK IMO
Old 09-13-2007, 07:29 PM
mfj
Banned

neons are for ricers. but i do like carbon fiber hoods, but stock style, not stalker or anything too extreme. Full exhaust does add a significant amount of hp, esp. for FI cars.