4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

NEED HELP ITS URGENT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 04:56 PM
lighswitch
3rd Gear Member

Default NEED HELP ITS URGENT!

Ok so I got in an accident last night and my car was towed away, in the process I lost my keys to my car. Is there a way I can buy a key for my car and go to the dealership without having to bring the car over there? I really need to find a way to get a programmed key to my car, and how much ?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:42 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP ITS URGENT!

I think you can just take your vin number and proof of ownership to the Ford dealership and have them cut you a new key.

Sorry to hear about your car.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:44 PM
viper104
2nd Gear Member

you can do that or call a good locksmith and they can do it
Old 06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
V1PWRED
1st Gear Member

Had this same problem, you have to have it at the dealer, and they will make you 2 keys and charge out the *** for both
Old 06-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

yep get ready to bend over for the dealer
Old 06-10-2007, 11:02 PM
lighswitch
3rd Gear Member

Really cause I just went to the dealer and they said the most is $90-125 for two keys and programming. Damn it sucks went to the gas station bunch of ricers were like you wanna race, and i was like if you know a good secluded place yeah. So we followed them to a street that started with 4 lanes and then to two very small lanes. and lots of dirt on the side of the road. I race their 2nd fastest car the SRT-4 got it by 8-9 car lengths. Then the leader said race my 380+hp cavalier 60mm turbnectics turbo. and i was like nah and I said yes after to arguement. And we race spun it in 1st and 2nd then got traction was ahead of him by a nose the whole way then i got off the gas and my passenger tire hit dirt doin 130mph and spun out lost control and got stuck in the dirt. Everyone left cause they said the cops were coming and i left wit my friend to get his truck so we can tow it out and when i got back the shrieffs department was there and wrote me a ticket for drivng at speeds not able to control and leaving a scene of a accident. Very bad night/
Old 06-10-2007, 11:14 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

I hope it scared the crap out of you![sm=smiley3.gif]I also hope you have learned not to drive over your abilities. If you went off the pavement then you WERE driving over your head. Those charges are serious & you need a lawyer. Its gonna cost you $$$ no matter how you handle it. Just be glad, your lucky you & GF arnt dead or seriously injured.[sm=outcold.gif]
Old 06-10-2007, 11:22 PM
lighswitch
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I dont ever race on the streets and for reason I gave in. But charge for loss of control wont matter cause i can take driving school and have it not affect my record the leaving the scene of the accident im going to fight it cause there were no houses, not a main street, just a side side dirt kind of road for the freeway, and no property damage so it really wasnt an accident. And the reason why i went of pavement was when i pressed my brakes my car moved to the right because my drivers side front brakes were pretty much out. But i learned my leassons killed me to see my car like that, not much damage other than a flat tire and missing my driver side side skirt.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:52 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lighswitch

Yeah I dont ever race on the streets and for reason I gave in. But charge for loss of control wont matter cause i can take driving school and have it not affect my record the leaving the scene of the accident im going to fight it cause there were no houses, not a main street, just a side side dirt kind of road for the freeway, and no property damage so it really wasnt an accident. And the reason why i went of pavement was when i pressed my brakes my car moved to the right because my drivers side front brakes were pretty much out. But i learned my leassons killed me to see my car like that, not much damage other than a flat tire and missing my driver side side skirt.
Get those brakes fixed.[:@] Take care of your car, do the repaires when they are needed, dont wait till it kills you.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:03 AM
lighswitch
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I know I havent driven my car in sometime since my brakes need replacing but I took it out yesterday for the car show and chose to drive it the rest of the night. Well now I have really learned my lesson and know to make smarter decisions. Im just glad no real damaged happened to my car.