4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

well whats the best way to go about this? intake manifold.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:24 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: f*ck.. well whats the best way to go about this? intake manifold.

if you want a stocker... i will sell you one for 100 + shipping... alot better than 200. PI with aluminum crossover.

ive got the P-51 though for aftermarket... it should be here tomorrow so i may take some pictures of it and maybe some inside if it comes in 2 pieces.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:27 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

yea.. its a very easy install.. shouldnt take over 2 hours to swap out. the only thing is if you have a strut tower brace you gotta pull that thing off... hmmm... now i think about it.. i wonder if my new intake will clear the brace? lol. i didnt think about that before
Old 09-26-2007, 02:17 AM
holmes14
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys, looks like i will do it myself then! are there any special tools i need? someone said something bout a fuel line disconecter tool? The new intake manifold should be here thursday, so hopefully ittl be ready to go by thurs night! if anyone else has any good links for this thatd be great- joey

also any tips or tricks for doin this?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:01 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

Default RE: well whats the best way to go about this? intake manifold.

ORIGINAL: holmes14

Well i picked up my 99 mustang this summer knowing nothing about the ****ty plastic intake manifolds and the other day it cracked! Now it looks like im **** outta luck right? all the warrantys and what not are all done i believe. So is there any hope or at least whats the best way to go about this? i found a brand new intake manifold for around 200 bucks and another 200+ to get it installed. Now is there any better way to go about it? is it something easy to do that i could install myself or should i have it done right by ford? lets just say this sucks... is there anything else i should do while its apart. Well lemme know what to do guys im so pissed this is coming outta my s/c fund!!! bastards

**edit: Subject edited, please do not circumvent the swear filters. Sorry
I believe Ford extended the warranty on the manifold and will even reimburse you back if you have already paid to get it fixed.
Google it.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:12 AM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: holmes14

Thanks guys, looks like i will do it myself then! are there any special tools i need? someone said something bout a fuel line disconecter tool? The new intake manifold should be here thursday, so hopefully ittl be ready to go by thurs night! if anyone else has any good links for this thatd be great- joey

also any tips or tricks for doin this?
really arnt any tricks to getting it out, pretty much jsut take off the intake, throttle body and plenum, disconnect all the wiring, take off the alternator(just to give you extra room) im not sure if u need to pull it off tho. as for the fuel rails, you dont need to disconnect em, you can jsut unbolt them and rotate them off to the sdie with the injectors still attatched to it, just be careful not to break any hoses and such when you do. other than that it is a pretty straightforward unbolt it, bolt it back up process. and dont forget the new intake manifold gaskets.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:07 AM
1hotdrp
3rd Gear Member

if you ordered the one you posted earlier its a stock plastic intake. spend the extra money if your going to s/c it and buy an aluminum intake