4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Hiss Squeek and High Idle

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:21 PM
JamesDean
2nd Gear Member

Default Hiss Squeek and High Idle

I have a 2003 4.6L Mustang GT. I have recently installed an Accufab 75mm throttle body, plenum combo and Steeda underdrive pulleys. Since the install I hear a hiss that seems to occur randomly. I tightened down all of the bolts twice thinking it may be a leak but it has not solved the problem, and only superman could get the bolts any tighter.

My next problem involves a sticky throttle. Whenever I pop the car into neutral and coast to a stop the throttle seems to get stuck anywhere form 2000 down to 1000 (the AC is off). A simple tap of the gas pedal cause it to return to normal. I am wondering if this is related to the hiss? The car also idles high when the air conditoner is on. The idel jumps from 800 to about 1200 when the AC is on and it stays there the whole time the AC is on(unless of course the car is moving, but when the clutch is down or the car is in neutral). I replaced the throttle spring but it still sticks. Does anybody know why my throttle is sticking or what could be causing the hiss.

Now for the squeak. It sounds like it is comming from the rear of the car and I have replaced all the rear shocks (the shocks and the quad shocks) and the upper and lower control arms and their bushings. But I still get a squeek over bumpy roads (there are lots of bumpy roads where I live). Any other ideas. My next guess is the breaks(becaue I know that they on their way out) but before I took on that project I thought I would see what else may be causing it.

My final problem involves the Mustang Forums websight. Whenever I search anything under any or all sections I get a response that no results were found. I have been extremely narrow and extremely vauge in my search terms. I never had trouble untill recently. Other that this minor proble I love the web sight its always a great help!

I also need to find a good tuner, any suggestions?

Again I did not have any of these probles (except the squeak) before the Throttle body/ Plenum combo and the Pulleys. Any help would be greatly appericated. Thanks.

John
Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hiss Squeek and High Idle

adjust the screw that is connected to the accelerator cable and t/b
Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
tempoffroad
2nd Gear Member

i think that the search is down or aleast has been for me try to google it and it will still search on the site some.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
JamesDean
2nd Gear Member

Does any one have any more answers or possibilities I can explore to solve these problems. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:40 PM
grogan
3rd Gear Member

a hiss could be that there may be a vacuum leak and ur suckin air somewhere.

1 way to check is pull the air cleaner off the car turn the car on. leave the maf and all that on just take the air cleaner off. and stick a towel in the inlet tube. if the car turns off right away no leak. if it struggles to get air u have a leak somewhere.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:21 PM
JamesDean
2nd Gear Member

Okay. I'll try that too. Would the larger throttle body be causing these problems? Is there something I need to adjust to so my cars computer knows the TB is larger?
Old 07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
1vryfststang
2nd Gear Member

Ok here is a suggestion: Things I would check. First off the bolts are tight enough....its aluminum and aluminum does not like torque so be careful putting the torque down on them superman. haha second it depends on the hissing sound. Is it a hiss or a squeak?? I would First check all vacumm lines everywhere. The IAC seems to me might be causing your problem with the idle MAYBE did you check the gasket and inspect it upon install? Secondly I installed a CAI, Plentum, and TB. After the install I can hear the CAI (bbk) hissing like you would never believe LOUD, but who knows. O and when you installed the parts did you disconnect your negative bat cable so the computer would pick up the new parts after start up? Hope that helps some...
Old 07-04-2008, 07:43 AM
JamesDean
2nd Gear Member

That didnt work either. Any other suggestions?