4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

anybody remove there abs

Old 08-05-2008, 10:38 PM
mustang_pa
4th Gear Member

Default RE: anybody remove there abs

ORIGINAL: livefast1

haha yea its pretty sweet how it purges out the nose, glad to hear you like it and that its working out well for you. anymore plans for mods?
yeah i get lots of compliments on it, butnever take any credit for that. I just got lca's for the stang. They are awesome haven't used them at the track yet, but the stang rides alot better. I am trying to get sponsored by turbonetics for t-3 or t-4 single set up. That has been a pain. If that doesn't work out, i will just go with cams stage II,LT's and finish off the intake system and a clutch, my stock one has to be hurting from the nitrous. How's your turbo system coming along?
just to let you know i am still interested in the roll bars and the uca's you do. whenever yourcomfortable.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:50 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

kits moving slow mainly because of money, all i have left to buy is injectors and some little exhaust parts such as as some flex tube and 3 bolt flanges. ive been talking with the place i am taking it to get tuned and will hopefully have it there within 2-3 weeks.

i've had my brand new tig welder for about 3 weeks now and have been toying around with it mainly, but would be confident taking on some roll bar/cage jobs pretty soon. just have to get all this other work done i have at the shop. i was thinking about fabbing up some upper control arms pretty soon and if i get a set done you will be the first to know.

on a side not me and my buddy are picking up a fox body hes trading his 2 sport bikes for tomorrow. from what ive read about the car its pretty sound, 12 point cage, fully built 347 stroker with svo block, 200 shot, 4.56s with a spool, 900hp transbrake c4. hopefully get a chance to post up some pics.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:00 PM
mustang_pa
4th Gear Member

i hear you money is hard to come by and easy to spend. Good luck w/ the turbo, i am sure it is going to be awesome when finished.

Yeah let me know when you are ready to do anything. I leave the 1st wk in september again

yeah definetly post some picks of that fox body. That thing will haul some A$$ i bet.

ok sorry to steal your thread
Old 08-06-2008, 01:03 AM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

After not having my ABS on my V6 mustang which was my first car, I grew to like it. Stomping on the brakes and skidding to a halt was fun. But when I wore a flat spot on one of my tires, doing it is when I started to hate it. Also, ABS has made my GT a very effective daily driver. I prefer it and would actually reccomend not installing it. The weight reduction would actually not matter much, you'd save what, at most 20 lbs? Quite frankly, your stopping time would probably increase, the difficulty of driving your car daily would increase, and I think for me being in Nebraska at least, having TCS is one of the few things that makes my GT practical for rainy and slightly snowy days, and since it's my only car, I can't really justify htis mod, but I clicked this linky simply because I know I pondered it before. I'd reccomend not doing it because ABS doesn't really stop any slower than non-ABS, and the benefits it provides in emergency situations far outweights any benefits you'd gain by removing it.

Imagine if you will, traffic grinding to a halt, you go into ForF mode and slam on the brakes not even thinking about pumping or steering. Which brake setup do you think has a better chance of maintaining stability actually braking before the expected collision? Odds are, you can't brake better than an ABS setup in such a situation.

If it's your daily driver, keep ABS. if it's strictly a track car, keep ABS if you're the road racing or auto-X type. If you want to go with a very old school american muscle hammer of a car thing, then maybe non-abs is a good fit, but I, after having both setups, can't imagine wanting to REMOVE ABS.