4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Considering a Termi

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:44 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

thats a turbo AWD jimmy its called a typhoon

Last edited by rmodel65; 02-07-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:02 PM
mestit3
2nd Gear Member

damn i didnt even thank about that.... how can you tell?
Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i r smart :P

actually i hadnt given it any attention and was thinking a jimmy was out of place. went looked saw the ground effects
Old 02-08-2009, 12:22 AM
lcdt94
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rmodel65
yes ive seen that one looks clean im 30 mins north of the florida line :P
Valdosta?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
Thats a good place to start,but if ur shootin (pun intended) for 700whp don't even waste ur money on a pulley, or port, i say start looking at KB Swaps, you'll hear good and bad things. The good i have heard is they are incredibly efficent and stay pretty cool. The bad is they do sometimes break and KBs customers service BLOWS! i know neither from personal experience cause obvsly ive never had a KB. As far as turbos go, you might wanna shoot BlownSVT a PM, he has a single turbo termi but said he almost twin turboed it, maybe he can give you some insight, or maybe you should post this in the SVT section as well and im sure he'll chime in. Either way a must- K+N drop in filter or JLT CAI, LT headers(Mac FTW) and +1 to everything the guy above me said head cooling mod is a must. as welll as the IRS reinforcement. I like seeing whipples or Kenne Bells on these cars but if you're looking for a track car you might wanna go turbo. Well goodluck.

I was bored and happened to pop into this section and saw my name. To the OP you can reach your goal in a couple different ways. Either twin turbo, Single turbo, a 2.8KB or a 3.4 whipple. The twin screw route will be the less expensive option but turbos do have their benefits as well. I have a hellion single turbo on my car and was able to make 765 whp basically @ 21psi. Personally i went turbo for the easy adjustability it offers that the blowers do not. I can change power levels at the touch of a couple buttons from inside the car if i want too while the blowers require pulley changes. Turbos are also more efficient. I went single becuase at the time there were not a ton of options for twins. HP was about the only kit available besides the HPP kit. I had heard things that made me feel iffy about going with the HP kit. The HPP twin kit is awesome and i wish i would have done it but is is pretty pricy @ close to $10,000. I know a few guys now that have it and they all make awesome numbers. The hellion kit that i have on the car was around 6,800 but the k-mamber and other components included. Be prepared to upgrade just about everything. Once you atart talking about 700+ hp you seriously want to consider going to a retyrn style fuel set up. You can cound on around $1500 + sumping your tank. Depending on your end goals you are going to need a pretty large injector. I went to a 96#. At that size they become low impedence so you need a driver for them as well. Expect to pay around 800-1000 for the injectors and the driver. They did compe out with a high impedence 80# injector recently for fords so that might be worth looking into. I also went to a solid axle insted of the IRS. If you don't plan to run much at the track you can probably get away with keeping it. Just put a diff brace on and upgrade half shafts and all that good stuff. personally i went to a 9" solid. All together with the dynatek drive shaft, control arms and everything else for that is was aroud $4,500 i would say. Basically if you are serious about making this kind of power be prepared to spend alot of time and money to make it all work. At this power lever something as simple as a clutch costs $1,200-$1,800. Personally i burned up 2 of them last summer and am now on my 3rd. If you have questions or anything feel free to shoot me a PM. I will try and keep and eye on this thread as well. Hope that helps.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:59 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Originally Posted by lcdt94
Valdosta?

brunswick
Old 02-08-2009, 07:03 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Originally Posted by Blownsvt
I was bored and happened to pop into this section and saw my name. To the OP you can reach your goal in a couple different ways. Either twin turbo, Single turbo, a 2.8KB or a 3.4 whipple. The twin screw route will be the less expensive option but turbos do have their benefits as well. I have a hellion single turbo on my car and was able to make 765 whp basically @ 21psi. Personally i went turbo for the easy adjustability it offers that the blowers do not. I can change power levels at the touch of a couple buttons from inside the car if i want too while the blowers require pulley changes. Turbos are also more efficient. I went single becuase at the time there were not a ton of options for twins. HP was about the only kit available besides the HPP kit. I had heard things that made me feel iffy about going with the HP kit. The HPP twin kit is awesome and i wish i would have done it but is is pretty pricy @ close to $10,000. I know a few guys now that have it and they all make awesome numbers. The hellion kit that i have on the car was around 6,800 but the k-mamber and other components included. Be prepared to upgrade just about everything. Once you atart talking about 700+ hp you seriously want to consider going to a retyrn style fuel set up. You can cound on around $1500 + sumping your tank. Depending on your end goals you are going to need a pretty large injector. I went to a 96#. At that size they become low impedence so you need a driver for them as well. Expect to pay around 800-1000 for the injectors and the driver. They did compe out with a high impedence 80# injector recently for fords so that might be worth looking into. I also went to a solid axle insted of the IRS. If you don't plan to run much at the track you can probably get away with keeping it. Just put a diff brace on and upgrade half shafts and all that good stuff. personally i went to a 9" solid. All together with the dynatek drive shaft, control arms and everything else for that is was aroud $4,500 i would say. Basically if you are serious about making this kind of power be prepared to spend alot of time and money to make it all work. At this power lever something as simple as a clutch costs $1,200-$1,800. Personally i burned up 2 of them last summer and am now on my 3rd. If you have questions or anything feel free to shoot me a PM. I will try and keep and eye on this thread as well. Hope that helps.
i know turbos are very efficient i was also thinking about the ease of tune changing ability so i can have a conservative tune a performance tune and a ***** to the wall tune etc. and maintain great gas mileage maybe even better with the conservative tune? not that im really concerned but it will make it more highway friendly

Last edited by rmodel65; 02-08-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

yep and chances are to make a certain power you will be needing race fuel of some sort. That is sometimes not available in certain areas. Its nice to be able to quickly adjust for different fuel types as well.