4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New IAC Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 05:53 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Advanced and Autozone are pretty much identical in quality. Out of all the FLAPS I beleive Napa is the best in terms of quality when it comes to their own brand of parts, but it is unfair to label autozone based on some of there cheaper valuecraft parts because other than that all the parts they sell are manufactured by the same people that supply all the other stores. They sell bosch,fel-pro,wells, etc etc etc.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:26 AM
wylegt

Originally Posted by stangladesh
Did you get a gasket with it?
The first IAC did come with a gasket. The original gasket didn't rip or come off in pieces so i reused the old one. I suppose using the new gasket might have been the reason the IAC was "honking" after I installed it and subsequently could have saved me another trip to the parts store. Oh well, the car is fixed.

Cliffyk, many thanks for your diagnois after my inital install.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:13 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by wylegt
The first IAC did come with a gasket. The original gasket didn't rip or come off in pieces so i reused the old one. I suppose using the new gasket might have been the reason the IAC was "honking" after I installed it and subsequently could have saved me another trip to the parts store. Oh well, the car is fixed.

Cliffyk, many thanks for your diagnois after my inital install.
As you have discovered you should always use a new gasket. You likely saw that the old IAC had left a sort of "footprint" on the gasket where it's sealing surface compressed it.

Unless the new IAC's sealing surface matches up quite closely to the old unit's footprint, including the footprint's position relative to the mounting bolts, there is a very good chance it will not seal properly.