4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What mods next???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Default What mods next???

Ok so here it is. I have just done a few subtle mods to the appearance of my car. I put on a bullit fuel door, some better and legal lights(I got pulled over for that), etc.
Now, it is time for some go fast presents for my stang. In previous posts I mentioned being beat by AWD Talon, LS1 cammed out Camaros, and well, that is about it. That is still too much for me. I have to have more speed. Right now I am looking at some bolton parts that I can do. I do not have gears and will get them eventually. I am thinking of getting a throttle body/ spacer next. What mods to go fast should I get in your opinion. Down the road I do want to put a power adder on my car and PI it. TT or blower possibly so I do not want to get something that will be a waste down the road. I am thinking 3.73 or 3.90s, or 70mm throttle body.
Any suggestions and will either of these be overkill/ill suited for the job.
Thanks!!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 04:54 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What mods next???

buy a blower now
Old 08-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

any other takers???
Old 08-21-2005, 10:23 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

BLOWER!!!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Sick96Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Zoie_daGT

Ok so here it is. I have just done a few subtle mods to the appearance of my car. I put on a bullit fuel door, some better and legal lights(I got pulled over for that), etc.
Now, it is time for some go fast presents for my stang. In previous posts I mentioned being beat by AWD Talon, LS1 cammed out Camaros, and well, that is about it. That is still too much for me. I have to have more speed. Right now I am looking at some bolton parts that I can do. I do not have gears and will get them eventually. I am thinking of getting a throttle body/ spacer next. What mods to go fast should I get in your opinion. Down the road I do want to put a power adder on my car and PI it. TT or blower possibly so I do not want to get something that will be a waste down the road. I am thinking 3.73 or 3.90s, or 70mm throttle body.
Any suggestions and will either of these be overkill/ill suited for the job.
Thanks!!!!
Theres quite a difference between an AWD Talon and a cammed LS1. A cammed LS1 will destroy you with no problem at all. IDK much about the Talon but a cammed LS1 is putting down probably around 350 rwhp or so if he has just the cam and no other bolt-on parts.
As far as some good bolt-on parts, the PI headswap as u mentioned would be a definite must, get that done asap. You want some cheap easy power u can always do a PI intake swap for now and just use some RTV to seal it. Cams are probably the best thing behind the PI swap. Then comes Longtubes, O/R mid-pipe. If u go gears go 4.10's dont be scared of them. Go 75mm TB and get the plenum while u are at it also, my prefence is Accufab. Can always get some UDP's those are good for a few ponies. Take my advice and do some suspension asap. All that power is no good unless you can use it. Some LCA's, UCA's, and SFC's with some DR's and you will be launching nice. The list can keep going on.