4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach 1 shaker

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:44 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

It may not give you a ton of HP out of it or feel as noticable as gears but you still gain more then just slapping on a K&N filter, and it's cheaper( vs gear install).

Maybe so but still a waste of money to put one on since AGAIN I'll say the stock one is already a CAI with the filter is isolated from the enging bay heat and there is a snorkel in the fender well.

Hence it's one of the first stages of modding cars along with the exhaust..

I'll agree with that, more air in + more air out = more efficiency = more power

Getting a real CAI vs a short ram CAI (take stock cai with removed airbox/silencer for example), is going to give you some sort of gain over the stock cai with a k&n slapped on it.

Again, false. I don't know of this "silencer" you speak of. And a stock intake tube with only a K&N put in will flow more air than stock paper filter. This has been ALLLL over these boards. Ask around on here how useful a CAI or even a JLT tube on a STOCK car will do....put your flame suit on.

Removing the silencer box your going to be sucking in heat which is going to hurt him.. its a fact. Normally when you do a CAI intake install normally you consider upgrading the throttle body someday down the road..

I agree, heat is bad, but again the stock setup pulls air directly from the fender.

I may have not said it earlier on but it kinda makes sense.. enough research for you? -_-

Not really because this is all you assuming stuff and not putting in a lot of time researching and fully understanding how the car is set up from the get-go. It is a known fact all over this forum CAI's are a waste of money and anyone serious about mods goes right to gears/short throw shifter/dyno tune/exhaust for a start. then up your game to cams etc.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:58 PM
AJB540
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
It may not give you a ton of HP out of it or feel as noticable as gears but you still gain more then just slapping on a K&N filter, and it's cheaper( vs gear install).

Maybe so but still a waste of money to put one on since AGAIN I'll say the stock one is already a CAI with the filter is isolated from the enging bay heat and there is a snorkel in the fender well.

Hence it's one of the first stages of modding cars along with the exhaust..

I'll agree with that, more air in + more air out = more efficiency = more power

Getting a real CAI vs a short ram CAI (take stock cai with removed airbox/silencer for example), is going to give you some sort of gain over the stock cai with a k&n slapped on it.

Again, false. I don't know of this "silencer" you speak of. And a stock intake tube with only a K&N put in will flow more air than stock paper filter. This has been ALLLL over these boards. Ask around on here how useful a CAI or even a JLT tube on a STOCK car will do....put your flame suit on.

Removing the silencer box your going to be sucking in heat which is going to hurt him.. its a fact. Normally when you do a CAI intake install normally you consider upgrading the throttle body someday down the road..

I agree, heat is bad, but again the stock setup pulls air directly from the fender.

I may have not said it earlier on but it kinda makes sense.. enough research for you? -_-

Not really because this is all you assuming stuff and not putting in a lot of time researching and fully understanding how the car is set up from the get-go. It is a known fact all over this forum CAI's are a waste of money and anyone serious about mods goes right to gears/short throw shifter/dyno tune/exhaust for a start. then up your game to cams etc.
I sent him multiple links to various reasons why they're a waste of money, and he just responded by calling me an idiot. He's trolling.

BTW kyle, i wasn't really that pissed, i just had to go finish making dinner. Still a dick move, but it's cool

Last edited by AJB540; 03-29-2011 at 10:00 PM.