4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Looking at a 2000 GT Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

also remember rebuilt title isnt always a red flag. If a car is stolen sometimes it has to be automatically listed at Salvaged. Also a lot of people out there so scams on their insurance and will salvage a car when its not really salvaged.

if a rebuild is done right there is no reason to pass it up.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 AM
DERKA003

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $3800.It's in perfect working order, no wear and tear, no scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents. I retired and moved to England, but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario. All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase. Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Thanks

2nd email.

We're going to use eBay so let me explain how their transaction works.
-I will contact them with all the info and they will email the forms with details about payment and a statement of terms and conditions.
-You will send the payment to eBay and they will notify me to ship the vehicle to your location. The shipping will take 3-5 days.

You will have a 5 days inspection period starting the day the vehicle is delivered for an overall condition and mechanical inspection. You will also check all the documents during this inspection period. The payment will be sent to me when you inform eBay that you agree to buy it and ownership is changed to your name, after the inspection period.
If you find any problems with the vehicle and decide not to keep it, I will make the necessary arrangements to pick it up and pay to ship it back. In this case you will send me the vehicle in the same condition you received it and eBay will refund your payment in full. I'm confident this won't be the case since it's in very good condition for its age and price but wanted to be clear about this possibility.

If you want to proceed please provide me with your full name and the delivery address so I can register the transaction with ebay.

Thanks,

What do you guys think lol. Does EBay actually hold payments until you give the green light?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:42 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Walk away now that is such a scam! Never ever trust anyone that says they moved to a different country and need to sell a vehicle! Seriously this is a scam
Old 02-27-2013, 02:29 PM
DERKA003

Originally Posted by BraMas
Walk away now that is such a scam! Never ever trust anyone that says they moved to a different country and need to sell a vehicle! Seriously this is a scam
Will be letting autotrader know before someone gets screwed over ! Guess I'll be talking to the owner of the black GT lol. Darn, well as goes the saying! Sounds too good to be true, it is!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
rbowmar
2nd Gear Member

I'm sorry your new car didn't work out. Getting the facts saved the possibility of serious heart aches and a big ripoff. I buy quite a few used cars and can assure you that the vast majority of people and their cars are honest deals.

Great deals can be had if you do your homework. Learn as much as you cann about the car(s) you are interested in. I use KBB.com private sale pricing as the maximum I will pay for a car. Always get the CarFax if the car looks like you might want it. Always have the car checked by a mechanic before committing to it.

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO PASS ON A GOOD CAR THAN TO BUY A BAD ONE!

Remember, if your found a good one that passed by, there is always another better one out there.

Good Luck
Old 02-28-2013, 06:23 PM
califas_1987
3rd Gear Member

WOW. So many red flags on that one it it isn't even funny. Retired guy and he's meaning to say he couldn't find ANYBODY with some disposable income that would want to buy such a clean car at such a low price. Oh, and it's in a shipping container so you can't see it until you let go of your money. What a joke!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:57 PM
tracyballard
2nd Gear Member

If you can drive it for 2 years, that's only $160 a month. it doesn't have to be perfect, just drive it till the wheels fall off (not that that is a common problem).
Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 PM
rbowmar
2nd Gear Member

Safety is still an issue. Since it was totalled, how do you know the airbags will work when you need them. The impact absorbing body parts may have already done their job saving someone else. Did they replace the seat belts with Ford OEM units? At $300 per belt, that's another tempting place to skimp.

If the frame is bent, it may never drive right or stop straight.

With all the other red flags on this car, I would run, not walk away from this turkey.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
DERKA003

Originally Posted by rbowmar
I'm sorry your new car didn't work out. Getting the facts saved the possibility of serious heart aches and a big ripoff. I buy quite a few used cars and can assure you that the vast majority of people and their cars are honest deals.

Great deals can be had if you do your homework. Learn as much as you cann about the car(s) you are interested in. I use KBB.com private sale pricing as the maximum I will pay for a car. Always get the CarFax if the car looks like you might want it. Always have the car checked by a mechanic before committing to it.

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO PASS ON A GOOD CAR THAN TO BUY A BAD ONE!

Remember, if your found a good one that passed by, there is always another better one out there.

Good Luck
Appreciate your advice!

unfortunately the other black GT i was looking at was sold and the owner never took down the add -_-
I've emailed a few other people about other cars so hopefully i can find one that will work out lol.

Will be sure to let you guys know if i need anymore help!

Thanks !!