4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What to do.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

I find it funny you want a twin setup because it is cheaper than a SC but haven't even considered that amount of $ it will take to make your short block handle the 700hp you pulled out of your ***.
If $ is truly an obstacle consider slapping a SC on your stock motor and have fun with that this is your cheapest route or NOS
Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by BraMas
I find it funny you want a twin setup because it is cheaper than a SC but haven't even considered that amount of $ it will take to make your short block handle the 700hp you pulled out of your ***.
If $ is truly an obstacle consider slapping a SC on your stock motor and have fun with that this is your cheapest route or NOS
Exactly, your going to need a motor, transmission, driveline, and a pricey fuel system setup. If you need to take this someone tack on a massivev labor charge as well. But doing it yourself just a ballpark of $10k dollar and that estimate is way on the cheap side for a 700 horse build. If you need a shop to do just got buy a new gt500 it will be cheaper.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Doug Nash

I apologize then...I didn't see them as answers. I was wondering if my stock auto would do or did I need a manual? I am new to mustangs so suffice to say I am a newb. If turbos are so hard on the trannys...would you recommend a s/c instead? I will be getting a Bama Tuner and Valve body upgrade kit from American Muscle. Along with 31 splines and gears and diff to beef up the driveline.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Doug Nash

Originally Posted by BraMas
Maybe this is how ya'll talk on here...but I didn't pull #'s out my ***...I read up on what certain turbos can do. I was simply asking some questions since I am new to Mustangs and what they can handle.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doug Nash
I apologize then...I didn't see them as answers. I was wondering if my stock auto would do or did I need a manual? I am new to mustangs so suffice to say I am a newb. If turbos are so hard on the trannys...would you recommend a s/c instead? I will be getting a Bama Tuner and Valve body upgrade kit from American Muscle. Along with 31 splines and gears and diff to beef up the driveline.
Cool! I want a tuner so frreakin bad, but alas, wifey has my bawls in a lock box, lol. With a supercharger, you are good with stock auto with the cooer added as I lnked to in my other reply. There is a good writeup in the boost and pipes forum about supercharging on a budget.
I'm a noob too when it comes to turning wrenches but am learning from these gearheads experiences.

Last edited by Vertigo_GT; 04-26-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: spelleenk