4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Wow, so this guy thought he was funny and rear-ended me....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 11:58 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Wow, so this guy thought he was funny and rear-ended me....

What a fuking c*cksucker. My old car was hit and run parked in frotn of my house and me and my dad drove around and found the ****er that did it! Then we made that little **** pay for the damages to my rear bumper....unfortunately the car was parked in gera and hit hard enough to move the car quite a bit and about a month after the claim was settled my transmission completely went out (wonder why). So I had to spend the money to fix the bumper to get a new transmission.

Thankfully that was in my '94 probe gt, not my mustang. lol
Old 01-23-2006, 12:05 PM
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackbetty01

ORIGINAL: NeoTokyo

Check with your insurance too, I am pretty sure its not legal for them to raise your rate for an accident that isnt your fualt and a non-insured non-licensed fleeing motorist.
Insurance will raise your rates regardless of the circumstances if you file a claim. My friend had his truck broken into twice, he called the cops but never filed a claim with his insurance company and after the second time he got a letter stating they were going to drop him if his truck was broken into again because he was high risk.
Untrue dude. "No-Fault" - they can't raise your rates.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:21 PM
BadBob99GTConv
2nd Gear Member

you should find out where he lives, wait for him, follow him, wait for him to get out, and beat his livin ***. Claim self defense. He has a record, you dont. You win.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Nah as much as I hate what the guy did, I don't want anybody to get hurt. I just kinda want some justice, I mean the cop didnt care since there wasnt any damage, but I still think he should pay somehow for intentionally hitting one of the few things that I am really proud of. If I drove a Geo or something I wouldn't have really care, damage done or not, however I have been working since I was 12 to be able to afford this car, and I'll be damned if some dumb-*** redneck is gonna hit it and not get punished for it at all.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:42 PM
mustangdad
1st Gear Member

I would forget about trying to get any money out of it. I would pursue it through your Police dept though. I didn't notice what state you are in but here in PA and most other states if you hit a vehicle and its unoccupied its construed as property damage only
-which is a summary offfense aka a citation and monetary restiution. If you hit a vehicle and leave and its occupied thats construed as a misdemeanor because now its a crime against persons and by leaving you(in this case he) failed to check on the prersons welfare or possible injuries. So I would advise you to call your Police Dept back and check what level of offense that striking an occupied vehicle then leaving is-Summary, Misdeamenor or Felony and either get the Officers name that responded to your call or if you have it leave a message for him and advsie him that you would like criminal charges /citation filed.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Just let it go.

If the cop knows the guy is driving on a suspended license or registration, he WILL get the kid for it.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Did you file a report? Or did you just speak to the cop? I woudl kae sure you file a report and then go to your insurance office and give them a copy. I have made claims on my car and my rate never increased. Go to a body shop and see what they say. I was alos tapped, although mine was an accident by a guy at a stop sign from behind as well. Very small bump. Knocked me forward about 2-3 feet maybe. But it did indeed kill the paint on the rear bumper. It had the "spider cracks" all over it. i took it to a shop and they quoted me for a new bumper and paint. If I had it done, it would stupid to havea shiny new bumper on a car with 9 year old paint, so I took my check and bought mods! The cracks are only noticable at a very close range, and I'll repaint it one day anyway...
Old 01-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Dsmfighter
3rd Gear Member

lol Werd...trust me man i know how you feel.. I was involved in a hit and run too.. these people should be hit on the head with a shovel.

ORIGINAL: blackbetty01

ORIGINAL: Chopper

All states are different on insurance laws as are all companies.Call your insurance co and tell them what happened and see what they tell you.BE CAREFUL some of the crappier companies will record the fact that you inquired about a possible claim and will hold it against you later.Now about the hit and run.This d1ckh*ad is a menace,did you mention to the cop that the driver smelled like booze and apeared to be slurring his speech.
"Officer he fell out of his truck and tried to start a fight with me, I was scared for my life so I drove off and he threw a beer bottle at my car!"
Old 01-23-2006, 09:12 PM
mustangdad
1st Gear Member

If you read my reply post you can figure out what i do for a living. I dont reccommend you commit the crime of perjury and state that the driver appeared intoxicated if thats not true. Furthermore you can't get someone for a DUI after the time frame of the accident. I am telling you first hand that you should recontact the Police Officer who responded and ask for an incident/accident report number and what charges he may be filing against the other driver and if he is not charging him with either leaving the scene of an MVA or operting a motor vehicle with out the required financial responsibility(No insurance) why he is not. He may ask you for a written statement at that point which you should provided him with including the details of the date and time and circumstances and the plate you obtained from the other vehicle and a vehicle description. This is how it is done. Beleive me certain Officers need to shall we say be pushed a little bit. I undertand your accident is minor and no injuries or damage was incurred but none the less the other driver needs to be held liable,both criminally and possibly monetarily.