4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Next Mods (Help)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 01:06 AM
OPIATE5.0
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Next Mods (Help)

Very Reponsive, so far great, but until I break them in, I wont know the true difference... Quick question though, The guy from the shop said that the break in period was 1000 miles and that after 700 it needed the gear oil changed... But most of what I've read here is that after 300 miles, then everything would be ready to go, so to speak... Is this right or is it just a precaution they always tell you?

Off subject, my wife, buddy, and I went to the nostagia drag race today and my wife entered into the pin up girl contest, first one she's ever done and she looked great... The fact that she entered was a big step for her, due to stage fright, but shehandled it like a pro!!! She got 4th place but for her first time I think thats pretty d*** Good... Next time she'll get first I'm positive of that!!! Personally the 4th and 5th girls should have gotten 1st and second instead of the other ones. She was first in my eyes so, thats all that counts... Not to mention she's the one who funded my gears...

Thanks again guys for all your input, and hope these miles go by fast...
Rob
Old 05-04-2008, 07:50 AM
pikuoff
2nd Gear Member

I've never seen 1000 miles and gear oil changed before. I've heard anywhere from 200-500 miles or 2 tanks of gas. I personally did 300 miles and everything seems fine. I didn't change the gear oil but if that was the case, I'd do that myself in the driveway. If they want to do that as part of the work you already paid for, then why not. If they are just trying to get some more dough out of you, then either leave it or do it yourself. These will probably be a long week waiting for those miles to rack up. It took me 2 weeks to get the miles on my car. I made every excuse to have to go out to the store or something.

I'll say it before anyone else does in reagards to the pin up girl contest...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 05-04-2008, 12:06 PM
OPIATE5.0
1st Gear Member

Well guys here you go with out further ado...
http://public.fotki.com/OpiateMFP13/...8/1003080.html

http://public.fotki.com/OpiateMFP13/...8/1003067.html

http://public.fotki.com/OpiateMFP13/...8/1003063.html

And more pics here from the Contest...
http://public.fotki.com/OpiateMFP13/...-contest-2008/
Old 05-04-2008, 08:41 PM
pikuoff
2nd Gear Member

[sm=drooldude.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=Awwww.gif][sm=loveeyes.gif]

That's what I'm talking about!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
OPIATE5.0
1st Gear Member

Ok guys, I finaly got the tuner and put some miles on the car and decided to go out and, see what she could do without really hammering it, I havent really noticed any wheel slipage, and was wondering if that is normal... Seems as if I have about the same traction as I had before... Don't get me wrong, it has more torque in all the gears, but from what all of you have been saying i would have to get new meat on the back... And really hasn't changed for traction... May be I need to wait a little longer to open her up? Like I said I didn't really get into her, but I didn't so call baby it either... I was expecting some real tractionloss, but hey more traction the faster She goes right? Let me know guys if something doesn't seem right... i just hope the gear shop didn't screw me...
Rob
Old 05-07-2008, 09:46 PM
pikuoff
2nd Gear Member

If I had to take a stab then, it could be a few reasons. What kind of tires are you running? Maybe you have good sticky tires. I have the no traction Sumitomos which is a big reason for the wheel slippage on my car. Maybe the lack of exhaust and intake mods are keeping the car choked up. I have an offroad midpipe and catback which helps it exhale easier and a JLT RAI that helps it inhale a little easier. Of course there is more I could do, but I do notice a difference with all of it on. Hell, I have my stock midpipe on right now for inspection/emissions testing and I defintely lost some pep out of the car. What rpms are you at like 70mph in 5th gear? That's pretty much all I can think of right now since it's late here. Maybe some others will chime in. Might get a few more responses if you start a new thread about it.