4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Blue Oval Industries... Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Lowtryx
2nd Gear Member

I recieved this reply today:

It had nothing to do with him being in the military except for the fact that we have a 15% restock fee. I told the customer if he was in the military that I would wave the 15% restocking charge. Why is that bad customer service? Every company has a restocking charge.

Thanks,

John
Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lowtryx
I recieved this reply today:

It had nothing to do with him being in the military except for the fact that we have a 15% restock fee. I told the customer if he was in the military that I would wave the 15% restocking charge. Why is that bad customer service? Every company has a restocking charge.

Thanks,

John
wtf lol, what a long and thought out repsonse

I've personally never had a problem with them. but this is crazy
Old 09-07-2009, 10:33 PM
09Stroker

I just did a google search for Blue Oval Industries with the intentions of pasting links to other complaints but their are honestly too many of them to count. I am floored with the amount of complaints against these people and the fact they are still in business. The consensus is that they are outright rude, ignorant & like to harass people via email.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:44 AM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

hey, what goes around comes around. i worked at a grocery store thats owner was the same way. he treated his employees like crap in front of customers and provided terrible customer service. the business is currently struggling to stay alive, the owner is very stubborn and wont give in. i dont look for it to last 5 more years. im sure this will be the case with Blue Oval. I havent had a bad experience with them but i sure wont order from them again. its too bad i just ordered some replacement headlights from them yesterday lol. that kind of crap should NEVER happen. they wont get another penny from me.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 AM
'00project
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09Stroker
I purchased an item on ebay from another seller. I had the exact same item from Blue Oval in my watch list. I paid for the item to the correct seller and for some real odd reason when I clicked the contact seller for the auction I had won it sent the message to Blue Oval. I sent a simple message asking when they were going to send my item at this point I was unaware that it was going to the wrong person. Well they replied about 5 minutes later referring to me as a moron for not knowing who I bought the item from... etc.. etc.. (ok I got it ebay made a mistake that I didn't catch right away) I let it go until they sent me a string of 5 more emails telling me I'm a moron and how I don't need to thank them for figuring out the situation. At that point I fired off an email to the Better Business Bureau just because there really isn't anything else I could do but make people aware of these @$$holes. The next morning I find another email (from them but through a different email address) where they actually took the time to find a picture of me off the internet and label it with some stupid comments. I wish I lived a little closer to there store so I could go in myself.
All I can say is WOW! I have come across them once while google searching parts. I do not remember if I went to the site, but if I did I was not impressed as I do not remember. Glad I stick to the major companies. I will also never order form them, SHM, and I am still unsure about JDM. I am VERY picky.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

they should have used a blue screen/ blue key for the little talking ginger lady on their website with the blue website background... change the blue jeans of corse. this company really is a huge fail haha. i hope this company goes under, there are too many good mustang parts companies to deal with any bad ones.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

The BOI owner needs to be punched in the face, that is just hands down ridiculous and absurd asking him to prove himself (military) to waive a fee . I think we need to start a lynch mob and handle this son of a bitch. I got dibs on upper-cutting him in the chin.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:55 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JKs95stang
The BOI owner needs to be punched in the face, that is just hands down ridiculous and absurd asking him to prove himself (military) to waive a fee . I think we need to start a lynch mob and handle this son of a bitch. I got dibs on upper-cutting him in the chin.
HAHA if you read the whole thread you would see that you are about 40th in line to do that. LOL
Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

Yea No doubt I guess I'll be #41 heh Definetely lost my business and everyone That I know that has a Mustang's business. Furthermore I come from a big military family and I will be contacting them tommorrow and boycotting BOI through the military as well. I hope he chokes on a ballhair while talking **** to a customer.Worst kind of scum ever.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

This is sad, Ive bought from them before and never had a problem...Ive even refered other MFers to BOI for parts but now.....

Matthew

Quick Reply: Blue Oval Industries... Buyer Beware