4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I got Trick Flow 4.6 heads installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Did the mechanic time the cams properly? He might be off a tooth or two.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:33 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by Xemeth
Did the mechanic time the cams properly? He might be off a tooth or two.
a 4.6 has too high interference....you miss a tooth and youre busting valves
Old 09-16-2009, 07:30 AM
dg98gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
a 4.6 has too high interference....you miss a tooth and youre busting valves
Well, that depends on the lift of the cam........believe me, I know from experience. But, stock cams if you retard by 1-tooth, you're probably OK, but the car will run like crap. If you advance by 1-tooth, you will have intake valves hitting pistons.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:25 PM
tyler04mustang

Hea, I put a new response up a couple of days ago but guess there was a break in the connection when I sent it, cause it isn't here. Well, here it is again. When I go get my car dyno'd what EXACTLY will that do, more horsepower, or my engine's components run together more insync? Also, im going to add a set of 24 lbs injectors over the 19 lbs' along with a set of MSD coil packs, how much power extra will that give me? And yes, I am going to go with a set of cams, but not right now, tearing down the motor has been SUCH a headache! The injectors are at the top of my list because when I start my car in the morning it takes a second or so longer than it use to. Injectors too small? That's what i'm thinking anyway.
Also if anyone is wondering how the re tune to my car went, I drove it 70 miles the other day and it never missed a bit, so idk, but it seems to have worked. Well, got to get back to it, let me know about the dyno, and what ya'll think about the injectors, coil packs, oh and a bigger fuel pump. Also with the bigger injectors and fuel pump will my MPG go through the floor? The heads have decreased my MPG, not ~too~ bad. God bless, talk to ya'll later.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Put down your tools and step away from your car. Stop doing your own mechanical work. I suggest you find a good Mustang Performance shop in your area and pay them to do it. Please.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:58 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

wow...poor injectors.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:00 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

youre still posting? go get your car dyno tuned, not just on a dyno, DYNO TUNED....or you might as well just drive it off a cliff since youre going to ruin it anyways...stop trolling, nobody cares anymore...you probably dont even own a mustang
Old 09-20-2009, 09:02 PM
tyler04mustang

Hea fallas. You all know something. I was talking to several of my friends some of whom are of alpha romeo forums, audi forums, and so on I ws telling them that soem poeple on this particular forum were particular jerks, and after 9 pages of insulting comments while I mantained respect to ALL of you all, this will be my last thread. One thing I dont really get is this, everyone on here is screaming show me proof, acting like im trying to get a paper published. What ever happened to friendly comversation? Well anyway, I have come to believe whet my alpha and audi friends have told me. So like I said this is my last post, so dont bother wasting your time writin gme back, ill not look at it. With exception of 2 people everyone on here has been real jerks, and I wont WASTE my time trying to talk to poeple who want to do nothing but dog other poeple or people who arent already in the "mustang click", its like you all are playing a mustang version of the fast and the fursious! And over half of you all that have been responding dont even read what i write, your responses arent correct, to my questions, you all want me to be correct, you all dont even read the threads correctly, WTC? Anyway, have fun you all hanging out together in your little click. Thats cool (I guess). And to the guy who accused me of not evern having a mustang, its too bad were not on a staright way id show you how much of a mustang I "dont have"!!! So anyway, later, I can get my tech info from poeple who know more than you all, arent jerks, and are just plain out more friendly. Oh, and you all WERE WRONG about the tune; it did fix my car, I contacted Superchips, the lower tune was causing my car to run too lean. So, from me the "new guy" know what your talking about before you say yes or no to someone else's tech questions. Because so far! you all, with exception of a few really DONT know as much as you think you do. Sorry, but its true. Good bye fast and fursious wannabees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!