4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

cant cut 60ft under 1.9 =[

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 06:48 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Your struts are what are making your car bounce. When setting up for the strip, you want your front end to rise easily and come down slowly. Typically, 90/10 struts help to achieve that.

LCAs help keep your tires planted and allow for more traction. They don't have anything to do with "sinking" or squating of your car. Weight transfer is what causes squating. As far as LCAs, I recommend MM adjustables, either standard duty or extreme duty (standard will do just fine).

I know you said you like the look of your car lowered but lowering the car is hurting your launch. Putting cut stockers back in would be better than what you have now.

Your front suspension is just as important as the rear suspension for launching efficiently. But if your rearend issues get fixed I'm sure you will be able to cut lower 60' times with stock suspension.
I don't agree with all of this..
The lowering of the car can easily be accounted for by adjusting the instant center. This can be done by using a setup similar to what is on the website I posted a link for. If you read that you would see what I mean. Also, the LCA's are very involved with the squatting of the rear end, as is the entire suspension of the car. A set of shocks by themselves up front isn't going to solve a squatting issue. The whole thing needs addressed.

Just saying..

As far as the OP's issue, the rear differential needs fixed first. take that thing back to whoever put it in, and tell them what's wrong. I'm sure they will fix it.

Last edited by devongarver; 05-04-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:57 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by devongarver
I don't agree with all of this..
The lowering of the car can easily be accounted for by adjusting the instant center. This can be done by using a setup similar to what is on the website I posted a link for. If you read that you would see what I mean. Also, the LCA's are very involved with the squatting of the rear end, as is the entire suspension of the car. A set of shocks by themselves up front isn't going to solve a squatting issue. The whole thing needs addressed.
When lowering your car it puts a bad angle on the suspension which in turn hurts your IC. That is why I say lowering it hurts you. The Prolaunch kit from Baseline will help adjust your ride height to give you the desired IC and when you have the correct ride height you will see that the stock spring height is the ideal height.

Also, I understand the entire suspension setup is involved with weight transfer. LCAs are designed to help keep your tires planted and help locate the rear axle but if you don't have the right springs, shocks, struts etc. you won't get the weight transfer which in some cases causes "squating."

And lastly, I never said a set of shocks will fix "squating" issues. I said a strut will fix the bouncing issues he is having.