4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need a Custom Supercharger Setup...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:37 PM
knightrider09

I am going to buy the SCT Xcal3 SF instead of buying it from the tuner so i can tune the car for new fuel injectors. I have also figured out the solution hopefully to my inter-cooling problem:

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...mber=SNW-20010

Im thinking about getting this one and install it with the supercharger. all the mods i mentioned on my car have already been installed minus the supercharger and accessories. Ill fix the issue with the Shaker hood system later. but for now i will use the cooling system in the link above and go from there. this way i can get more hp out of this supercharger at higher psi's but i also need to upgrade the internals as well for added power in the long run. This will be a project indeed but it will be worth the money in the future. I will post pics up as well as dyno results. I kept the stock pulleys when i swapped them with the BBK's.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:45 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

im confused is this posted twice? or are these 2 different questions?? or am I tripping?
Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 PM
knightrider09

i think you are right LOL, i didnt even realize it.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

its posted twice 0949ER
Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

be careful with th meth injection ya car has to be tuned for it and if you dont keep an eye on th tank fluid level bc if it goes on empty for ya then you will have serious issues. they Can be cheaper than intercoolers but an intercooler will always be there no fluid to refill or anything of tha sort. should be fine just keep an eye on th fluid level
Old 06-26-2010, 01:05 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 98redstang
to add to everyone elses points you need to get stock pulleys as well. UD pulleys and s/c's dont mix.
that's actually not true. People don't run them with a supercharger because it slows blower RPM relative to engine RPM, which reduces power, in a matter of speaking.

in my application, to make the power curve more similar to that of a NA car, for traction issues, I run an underdriven crank pulley, which reduces low end torque slightly (not by much), but increases the range at which I can run the blower.

If I werent, I'd either max out at a 3.6" blower pulley due to engine RPM, or limit my RPM to around 6200. Neither of which do I want to do.

Now granted, since I'm either trying to sell it, or limit the power due to the POS automatic transmission, I might actually consider going back to a bigger crank pulley, to increase low end torque, and limit my RPMs.

Anyway, sorry to thread jack, just wanted to say you're wrong, you can run underdrive pulleys with a blower, it just depends on what kind of powerband you want.

If you want more topend, run underdrives, if you want the opposite, run a stock or larger than stock crank pulley.

so, enough of the
Old 06-26-2010, 05:18 AM
knightrider09

I am going to buy the SCT Xcal3 SF instead of buying it from the tuner so i can tune the car for new fuel injectors. I have also figured out the solution hopefully to my inter-cooling problem:

http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...mber=SNW-20010

its an methanol/water injection system (chemically cooling your engine)( and increases hp)

Im thinking about getting this one and install it with the supercharger. all the mods i mentioned on my car have already been installed minus the supercharger and accessories. Ill fix the issue with the Shaker hood system later. but for now i will use the cooling system in the link above and go from there. this way i can get more hp out of this supercharger at higher psi's but i also need to upgrade the internals as well for added power in the long run. This will be a project indeed but it will be worth the money in the future. I will post pics up as well as dyno results. I kept the stock pulleys when i swapped them with the BBK's.

I took a look at the install of the TTrim as well, looked like a lot of work!! hope it all worked out for you. now im trying to decide on what tires to get for sticky traction and one thats good in wet weather....
Old 06-26-2010, 05:19 AM
knightrider09

should be a fairly nice setup once its all done.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:46 PM
knightrider09

does anyone have this water/methanol injection setup? how is it?