4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

96 GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 10:53 AM
CobraFrenzy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xemeth
Guys, he is gonna show all you up big time. I don't think you get it. He has 14 posts and has been here since the beginning of THIS MONTH! His car is easily making 280rwhp. Actually, that may be lowballing it. He's probably over the 300 mark. Just wait, guys. His NPI 2v is gonna show all your asses up, bigtime.

So run and tell THAT, homeboy.
now that ive read all these post, and laughed alot, i realized i was in the same boat as this guy FOURSIXALLDAY with the 96 GT. I have the same set up on my daily driver and thought my GT was makin 300rwhp, i thought it was the fastest thing in the world, until i grew a set of ***** and got it dynoed. When i saw it only made 191rwhp i just went home and cried alot in the corner. You might want to take my advise and put a 100 shot on that **** when you get it dynoed so you dont look like an idiot. I dont think your dumb, just slightly retarded
Old 11-13-2010, 11:04 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

now that ive read all these post, and laughed alot, i realized i was in the same boat as this guy FOURSIXALLDAY with the 96 GT. I have the same set up on my daily driver and thought my GT was makin 300rwhp, i thought it was the fastest thing in the world, until i grew a set of ***** and got it dynoed. When i saw it only made 191rwhp i just went home and cried alot in the corner. You might want to take my advise and put a 100 shot on that **** when you get it dynoed so you dont look like an idiot. I dont think your dumb, just slightly retarded
Old 11-13-2010, 11:55 AM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Just for some info, granted it may be bad since time dose wonders on memory. The parasitic loss through the drive train varies from 25-35% depending on set up. Automatics have more parasitic loss than manuals. The 4.6L NPI engine was rated at 215hp at the crank for your year. These engine also do not take well to simple bolt ons, they are more of preparatory mods for boost and/or nitrous. What you are mostly feeling in your butt dyno is the gears themselves. Stock the highest gear you could get in our cars was a 3.27 gear. It has some pull, but still more on the fuel efficient, and considered towards what I like to call a "grandma gear". A jump to a 3.73 is a big difference acceleration, but remember unlike your friends tell you, it provides no HP.

As you can see, the odds are against you. The only chance so far is some factory mutant motor which I doubt.