4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Dyno Retune = more power!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

What size jectors? That pump should (assuming its not malfunctioning) be more than enough..
Old 11-11-2012, 12:34 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

I am running 39 pound injectors and a single GT pump. It was never brought to my attention before so I am not sure why now. It could be malfunctioning as far as I know, but I don't have any way of knowing that. Car runs great and it has never stumbled. I guess I need to ask my tuner a few more questions.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:20 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

The 39's should be sufficient. Is your tuner the one that also setup the fuel system?
Old 11-11-2012, 03:18 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01GT4.6
The 39's should be sufficient. Is your tuner the one that also setup the fuel system?
By set up do you mean install? If so then no. He only tunes. They had a guy at the shop that did most of the work, but I also helped. Since it was the GT pump we had to drill the basket and make a few other modifications. He no longer works there, but up til now there has been no issues and that has been almost 25,000 miles later.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:58 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Sorry, I haven't been around much in the past couple years (you probably don't even know me). I thought this may have been a new setup. With it being a single pump, it couldn't hurt to put a BAP on it, especially if you plan on making more power later. I wish I could have given you a solid answer, at least you have some good questions now. I would check all the fuel lines, make sure there are no kinks, make sure the fuel filter is good and go from there.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01GT4.6
Sorry, I haven't been around much in the past couple years (you probably don't even know me). I thought this may have been a new setup. With it being a single pump, it couldn't hurt to put a BAP on it, especially if you plan on making more power later. I wish I could have given you a solid answer, at least you have some good questions now. I would check all the fuel lines, make sure there are no kinks, make sure the fuel filter is good and go from there.
It's all good man. I have read many of your posts and you have much more knowledge then I so I always look for that. Like I mentioned before my tuner would rather put in a bigger fuel pump them a BAP due to some sort of spike the BAP makes when you hit WOT. Again I don't know that much about this stuff so I have to rely on what he is telling me. He has not steered me wrong yet. My car was on the dyno for almost 3 hours and he did not charge me a dime, so he is a good guy. I changed the fuel filter about 20,000 miles ago, but nothing wrong with putting a new one in. Thanks for all the help!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

I've heard of guys running well over 400rw with those termi injectors. I would suggest 42's, however your set up *should* see above 400.

Stupid question but have you changed your fuel filter recently? Not sure it would starve you but it might be worth looking at the little things first.

Edit:

Just read that its been 20k since the last one....might wanna try a new filter.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scooter3
It's all good man. I have read many of your posts and you have much more knowledge then I so I always look for that. Like I mentioned before my tuner would rather put in a bigger fuel pump them a BAP due to some sort of spike the BAP makes when you hit WOT. Again I don't know that much about this stuff so I have to rely on what he is telling me. He has not steered me wrong yet. My car was on the dyno for almost 3 hours and he did not charge me a dime, so he is a good guy. I changed the fuel filter about 20,000 miles ago, but nothing wrong with putting a new one in. Thanks for all the help!
If you wire a bap to run full time instead of kicking in at wot you can avoid those spikes and keep your current fuel setup.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

OP, How much boost do you see?

We have the exact same setup

Only difference is i have N/A cams and a auto and I hit 11lbs on the dyno
Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
If you wire a bap to run full time instead of kicking in at wot you can avoid those spikes and keep your current fuel setup.
This^ I did this and the fuel curve and FPDC was pretty consistent each pull.

Quick Reply: Dyno Retune = more power!!