4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What Will it Make?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

^^

Because racecar.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 69MustangCoupe393cid
That's it? I have that in my car and I don't have nearly the setup you do. Does that include the purchase price of the car?
No that doesn't include the purchase price of the car. It is only for this round of mods and doesn't include any of my previous mods.

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
I guess my next question is, how the hell are you going to keep that car on the road with that much power?
Good question... Guess we will find out One advantage is that with the t56 1st gear takes me up to about 55mph, 2nd to 80, 3rd to 110, and 4th to 145.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 AM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kerns
No that doesn't include the purchase price of the car. It is only for this round of mods and doesn't include any of my previous mods.

Good question... Guess we will find out One advantage is that with the t56 1st gear takes me up to about 55mph, 2nd to 80, 3rd to 110, and 4th to 145.
Why not go with an auto since you have a turbo and with this much hp as a possibility? I'm only asking because I have a battle in my head everyday about every hour if I should go with a built t56 or a built 4r70w.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TCStangerv6
Why not go with an auto since you have a turbo and with this much hp as a possibility? I'm only asking because I have a battle in my head everyday about every hour if I should go with a built t56 or a built 4r70w.
A few reasons actually, 1) Since this is primarily a street car and i rarely actually take it to the track, I enjoy driving a manual more. 2) In terms of 1/4 mile time yes an auto is better primarily because you don't lose boost between shifts, but you can always just run a WOT box and you get very similar results. 3) Manuals read higher on a dyno lol (not really a real reason, for the real reasons refer to 1 and 2)
Old 12-01-2012, 03:46 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Im debating on a auto vs a t 56 as well.

I have a auto now and it sounds like my car and Kerns do the same thing, mine is rarely ever track (2 times in 4 years) but it is just a good weather toy.

I enjoy driving my svt contour which is a 5 speed so i think I would love a t 56 in the stang.

The reason I am hesitant about going t 56 is because I will loose boost between shifts, so kerns how could you use a WOT box for a turbo/SC'd car? Because with nitrous the WOT tells the nitrous when to spray but what would a WOT be telling a turboed/SC'd car to do once it is activated?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
Im debating on a auto vs a t 56 as well.

I have a auto now and it sounds like my car and Kerns do the same thing, mine is rarely ever track (2 times in 4 years) but it is just a good weather toy.

I enjoy driving my svt contour which is a 5 speed so i think I would love a t 56 in the stang.

The reason I am hesitant about going t 56 is because I will loose boost between shifts, so kerns how could you use a WOT box for a turbo/SC'd car? Because with nitrous the WOT tells the nitrous when to spray but what would a WOT be telling a turboed/SC'd car to do once it is activated?
It wouldn't be telling it to do anything. But it kills spark while you are shifting and since you are not releasing the throttle the BOV doesn't need to release excess pressure so you don't lose boost.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:35 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TCStangerv6
Because auto's should be for track only cars, lazy people, or guys who just cant shift.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:05 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kerns
It wouldn't be telling it to do anything. But it kills spark while you are shifting and since you are not releasing the throttle the BOV doesn't need to release excess pressure so you don't lose boost.
So with a WOT switch you dont need to let out of the gas on a stick shift car?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

So, when are you getting it tuned?
Old 12-02-2012, 04:29 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I'm going to guess around 792rwhp/781rwtq. I know Nick McKinney had a guy with the original on3 kit with a precision 6768 turbo make 720rwhp on 20psi with the stock plastic pi manifold and I think it was with 93 octane. So with the addition of the eddie intake and E85, but using MMR's not as superior design of head port as the MHS heads, I think you'll be at that power range, torque will be lower due to short runner and larger hot side on the turbo and it being a little lagier. And I think that this compression ratio is a good suit for a turbo. Not near what I'd run with the use of E85, but at least its not like a lot of guys that drop it down into the 8's for boost.

Quick Reply: What Will it Make?