Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Idiot Mustang GT 065 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 12:05 AM
ambeltran

Default Idiot Mustang GT 065 Owner

Hi, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if I could get some help on making some minor modifications(Hence Subject) to my 2005 Mustang GT, 5 speed. I would like to make them minimal so I have no problems with the warranty.

Brief history:
My car has been in the dealer 3 times in the last month with all kinds of junk to fix.

1. The car would bogg down upon acceleration.
Fix: They removed some type of artifact from the air inlet.(Some type of ring with a mesh thru it)
Consecuence: Dam car does not accelarate like the car I bought!!!!! It is completely stock now....of course I did not know that thing existed and I did have some trouble convincing the dealer so they would honor warranty.

2. The haunted car....(After fix 1)
Symptoms: Car locks would open/close while driving, windows would automatically roll down with no one pushing a button...
Fix: They claim to have reprogrammed the ECM.
Conseceunce: Car boggs down a bit, and has a bit of a whistle during accelaration....

What am I looking for?

1. Just a car that responds with my foot stepping on the pedal. (Open for suggestions, have seen a bunch of posting regarding so many things dont know were to start, but it cannot void my warranty since I think I got a lemon)

2. A bit of HP, not much, just so I can get my car back to what it was before.

3. On/Off switch for traction control (Whats the fun if I cannot do donuts in the middle of the parking lot?)

4. Great tuned machine!!!!

Plan on doing 3 mods a year and no more than 1K a pop, so please try and keep me in budget and dont let me get screwed....

Thanks a lot for your suggestions to this Mustang Idiot
Old 08-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Idiot Mustang GT 065 Owner

try ebay for Evolution Performance. they have a C&L intake and an SCT tuner. they did their own dyno testing for the tune, and it firms up your transmission shifts, raises your shift point to 6250 rpms, rather than a dull 6000. it'll put 35 hp (approx), but the big notice is the driveability. i run an auto, and its like night and day from the stock setting. throttle response is unbelievable. you can take the tune off and put the stock back in if your dealership has a problem with it. there's a million posts on whether it actually "voids" your warranty. legaly, no. but dealerships sometimes dont want to work with you. just throw it out there, theoretically to your service department. you can also go to brenspeed.com, they offer the same package as evolution. their tune is just different. theres another million posts on which is better, and people have different results. evo seems to work better for my car. not to mention its a cool sticker.... but thats not the point. the package, whichever you choose, really wakes the car up. it can be as docile as stock, but no lag, or you can rip through it like a freakin dragster. its definately the best bang for the buck if you've done nothing else to the car. and it runs around $585 for the package. evo also has great customer support, they're willing to swap out tunes for free, just have to send the SCT back to them. its great man.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:19 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

If you have a GT you should already have the on off switch for traction control. It's on the dash above the stereo beside the hazard light "switch" and the passenger airbag disarm light.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:45 PM
ambeltran

thanks for the suggestions and I'll check on that button between the hazard lights and passenger air bag. I have decided to take the car to a placed called Slater's here in Humble Texas to see what he charges. Last thing I want to do is screw it all up for the car and myself...you have to remember you are talking to the mustang idiot.....