Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Why juice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 04:17 PM
gconnsr
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Why juice?

If you are speed shifting, you might go boom! In n2o defense, you can do the same thing with a blower or turbo. This is one of the reasons I bought an automatic. As far as how long you can hold the button down, I think N.O.S. recommends no longer than 30 seconds, it could be less, its been a while since I read it! The bottle is a blast, but I recommend going to the N.O.S. site and reading up on it before you install your kit. If you install to big of a kit, or keep it on to long, you can melt a piston. I love n2o, and will be putting a zex kit on my 07 as soon as I have the cash to play with! When you start going over a 125 shot, you stand a good chance of going lean an scattering your engine with a stock fuel system. You have to be able to supply enough fuel for the shot you are running. I'm sure there are guys running bigger kits and getting away with it for the moment, but they are risk takers, and hopefully can afford to rebuild their engines if they blow. Unfortunately, when they scatter, they are usually scrap.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

+1 on the above post!Im not going above the 125 shot either due to the same belief that it will lean the motor out due to there not being enough fuel.besides,Im already over 450 at the RW with the bottle!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:04 PM
gconnsr
2nd Gear Member

A 125 shot will put a big smile on your face!
Old 04-29-2007, 12:04 AM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

I have the ZEX kit on my 05, had it on my 95GT also. It's great to have. To me, with a supercharger or turbo, you mash the pedal and you have some boost or if you stomp the gas you have max boost. When i had my lightning, i would drive normal and only running the vaccum but once i gave it some gas it was hitting the boost and the more you push the more boost like mentioned and it's not hard to constanly hit the boost. With Nitrous, for me, it's on the tap also. With my remote bottle opener, takes half a second to open it, then purge it, another half second to make sure it's all nitrous in the lines, so one second at the light and i have 100 shot ready to go. To me, that's on the tap. With out the bottle opener, it would be harder to do. Also same for me, i'm running at little richer at WOT and less timing, but it's about 6rwhp loss but to gain another 80rwhp is worth it, to me and to have a car running safe and not lean.. At the track, i hit it in 3rd gear at 3K rpms, cause with street tires and 4.30 gears, i will lite up 1st and 2nd gear like it's cake. a 10pound bottle with last several runs but it depends on when you hit the nitrous and how big the shot. For me in 3rd gear to 4th gear, 100 shot, i can get around 7-8 runs on the quarter mile track.
also yeah over 125 shot, you definitley need to upgrade the fuel pump and anything over a 75 shot you will need one stage colder plugs. Plus i recommend the bottle warmer and bottle opener, you want it to be around 900-1000 psi but no more.
And like mentioned, like some of the other things, no speed shifting, if you do miss a gear, let off of the gas as fast as you can since that's one of the things that activates the nitrous. Also i'm flooring it in 3rd and at 3K rpms, i just hit the swtich and it goes, so yes you can hit it while you are driving. and don't hit it under 2700rpms, to much load on the engine. It's great, cheap, easy to install and fun to have.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:09 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Mpaint99

The only real difference between a nos tune and a regular tune is just a tad bit of less timming if you are running a wet kit which in turn takes care of the extra fuel. When you run nitrous you usually normal shift and you powershift. I got the window switch so it automatically shots off at 6.5k rpm and only activates over 3.5k.

I also run my NOS tune all the time. Until you ride in a car with nitrous you wont understand. I run a hundred shot. Who cares how long it lasts. Its worth it, if you cant afford to play with the Big boys dont install it. I pay $3.00 a lbs. $30.00 bucks a fill.
omfg where do you live I pay 5.00 a pound here in PR and I run a 150 shot so I use them bottles fast -.-. Bought me a 20 pounder though [sm=happybounce.gif]

Andrew