Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

basic questions about my new 07 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:13 PM
dave_17_hooya

Default basic questions about my new 07 GT

ok hi everyone, im new to this site and i want to ask some questions about my new 2007 mustang gt who i affectionatly call Elanor, and i know its not a shelby but i love her. but anyways my questions about her. i want to know how much horsepower can the stock fuel system can handle. and its currently an auto but i plan to make her a standard, wat would be a good 5 speed tranny for her, i plan to get her to around 650 hp so im looking for something that can handle that. another question is do u think i can beat a roush with her without a supercharger after mods and watnot like a sct flasher and new headers and things in the engine like a throttle body and a new cam shaft, just things like that. im sure i have more questions but am currently brain farting! but any answers will help alot! thanks!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: basic questions about my new 07 GT

650? I think you should start out buying a wheelbarrel and a large trash can to pick up the pieces. 450 is about what the bulk of an S197 can take without potential damage, but I'm not an expert. As far as bolt ons w/o aspirating, I'd say you'd be very hard pressed to beat an aspirated like a Roush.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 AM
dave_17_hooya

ok so i have big dreams, canu blame a guy? ok so450 is my limit then? and wat would u recomend as far as a flash tuner? ive heard the sct mentioned alot on this site, do u have any experience with it?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

well, 450hp is your limit on stock internals. we have a great block in our stangs and it shouldn't have much of a problem holding 650hp. the problem will be with the bottom end. the bottom end can only hold 450, so if you want to go higher, you'll need forged internals. i don't really know what all of that entails, so i'll let someone else give a deeper explanation.

as far as beating a Roush, which Stage are we talking? Stage 1 is just a body kit and rims, so it's basically your car, but a few pounds heavier. Stage 2 would have some go fast goodies, but no RoushCharger. the Stage 3 gets the RoushCharger. you can allready beat a Stage1. you should be able to beat a Stage2 with some fairly basic mods like cai, tuner, underdrive pullies, headers, midpipe, delete plates, and gears... actually with all of that, you'd probably smoke a Stage2 if you're a good driver. beating a Stage3 will require either FI (supercharger, turbo, nitrous,etc.) or a stroker (larger displacement engine) with some upgraded cams.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dave_17_hooya

....and wat would u recomend as far as a flash tuner? ive heard the sct mentioned alot on this site, do u have any experience with it?
There's a lot of great info on the forum. Try using the search feature. I just received my CAI and XCAL2 tuner from Brenspeed but there are afew other good tuners out there. Unless you get a dyno tune,most of the tuners do a very good job setting you up with tunes to match your vehicle plus future mods that you may do. Since I'm basically unmodded, I selected 87, 19 and 93 octane tunes because that's what's available locally and I don't go to the track. Made a world of difference! Good luck!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:12 AM
dave_17_hooya

ok cool. ya its a stage 3. so im ****ting my pants. so i guess ill just build it up to as much as i can then i want to get a KB. thanks guys