Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Driveline Vibes

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 08:59 AM
cookedrice

Originally Posted by shaftmasters
If METCO says that their instant center brackets aren't for a street car shouldn't you suspect that the same thing goes for their control arms with the delrin bushings? We didn't suspect a pinion angle issue being your problem since you told us that the LCA's were non adjustable. This is the first mention of these instant center brackets. I would suggest going back to the OEM LCA's or at the very least LCA's with poly bushings. We're sorry that you are having problems. Your dilemna is a good example as to why you shouldn't do too many mods at the same time. It makes pinpointing the cause of a problem much harder.
Yeah.....i didnt really need my car back since the shop gave me a loaner car to use as long as they had my car, so i figured i'd just get all the work done in one shot. I can always not use the ICM brackets and put the control arm back in the factory location and see what that does. I mean the car rides smooth at cruise in 5th below 70......then it starts to get progressively rougher as the speeds increase.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:48 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Delete with a bad attitude!

Last edited by BruceH; 11-13-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:30 PM
cookedrice

Originally Posted by BruceH
Somewhere in this you said it was good and then got worse. I think it was after the gears were set up for the second time. To me this would signal something changing like bolts loosening up.

So here's one more idea: Have you checked the adapter plate bolts? I have a different brand of aluminum ds but it also uses an adapter plate. The instructions for torquing the adapter to the pinion flange and ds bolts to adapter were incorrect. They stated "about 25 ft. lbs" for the flange to plate torque and "about 30 ft. lbs." for the ds to plate torque. If I would of followed these torque values my plate would of loosened. The bolts were just snug at those values.

Just something else to check.
I dont have a torque wrench, but i will borrow one from my friend and check. I still think that i want to try and remove the instant center bracket and install the lca back in the factory holes.