Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Ordered My Roush M90 Tonite!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:32 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
You have to resize in photoshop or another app, or set your camera to use a lower resolution setting. If you are using 5MP, try moving it down to 1 to 3MP. I thnk there are free photo editing apps out there, Gimp jumps to mind.

http://www.gimp.org/

I size mine to 1200 and they work well for the forums.
I use photobucket it works great and is very easy to use. Thanks for the comment on the car. I just like white cars, if kept clean they look very nice, and it dosen't hurt the color scheme with the dark tinted windows. Good luck with the install.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:57 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

7 Hours of install later and we are on page 47 of 67. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. We have the manifold on and most of the wiring. The intercooler and the pump are installed. The directions are pretty strait forward, although there were a few things that weren't very clear but we managed to figure them out. The worst part was cutting off the ears of the alternator!

The injectors, plumbing for the radiator, wiring and blower will go on tomorrow. Then we can put the bumper back on and wait for Roush to flash the PCM. They said they would receive it on Monday and would have back to me on Tuesday.

Can't wait to start her up and hear that whine. Oh, and the stupid sound induction tube has been deleted

All in all, the install is really a plug and play. I'm figuring 4-5 hours to finish up tomorrow. So that should put the total install time at around 12 hours. The blower, in chrome, sitting on top of the manifold is pure eye candy, glad I splurged for the chrome. Going to bed, I'm beat.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:43 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by f4ifrank
7 Hours of install later and we are on page 47 of 67. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. We have the manifold on and most of the wiring. The intercooler and the pump are installed. The directions are pretty strait forward, although there were a few things that weren't very clear but we managed to figure them out. The worst part was cutting off the ears of the alternator!

The injectors, plumbing for the radiator, wiring and blower will go on tomorrow. Then we can put the bumper back on and wait for Roush to flash the PCM. They said they would receive it on Monday and would have back to me on Tuesday.

Can't wait to start her up and hear that whine. Oh, and the stupid sound induction tube has been deleted

All in all, the install is really a plug and play. I'm figuring 4-5 hours to finish up tomorrow. So that should put the total install time at around 12 hours. The blower, in chrome, sitting on top of the manifold is pure eye candy, glad I splurged for the chrome. Going to bed, I'm beat.
Ya that's the one thing I never threw in a converstation was the grinding of the alternator they had to do to get it to fit. The first time you take it out and hear it you will get wood.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Cool, can't wait to see pics and vids
Old 07-18-2010, 08:28 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Yeah when i picked my car up from the shop i had the shakes i was so excited, it's great fun, the best $5k i spent for sure.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:44 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Yeah when i picked my car up from the shop i had the shakes i was so excited, it's great fun, the best $5k i spent for sure.
.. I'm sure they did not appreciate you throwing the check at them, jumping in through the window, and peeling out the parking lot like you did-

But I am sure they understood your excitement!
Old 07-18-2010, 02:06 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

yeah my son didnt like the pair of black marks we left from the stop sign down teh street either. he told me the police were going to come find me.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:36 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

Kids are great. I took my son out recently and passed a deputy on my bike. She stopped us about 4 miles down the road and was upset with me that I was going that fast with a child(he's 10) on the back of the bike. Mind you, we were going 53 in a 35mph zone(one of those roads where everyone goes 50 and there is no reason for a 35mph limit). Anyway, she's in her car writing the ticket and my son says "daddy, are we going to jail now?". Ha, kids, you gotta love 'em.