Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

? ? ? Fuel pump failure ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 01:41 AM
reckles1

Default ! ! ! WTF ! ! !

Originally Posted by MReesePT
I think that I am having the same problems so keep us posted on your progress. My 06 runs good when you first start it then bogs out. If you shut if off and turn it then it runs good only at first.
! ! ! Wow ! ! !

Ok so i got it figured out...

Turns out I had two issues.

1st thing was intake was put on backwards and by that I meen when they put the pipe on they had it so my MAF was after the bend insted of directly in back of the air filter. Ummm yeah had two shops tune my car and had the guy who put it in look at it a bunch of times and no one noticed it.

I had talk to a guy that told me if one of the shops moved my MAF it would have screwed up the other tune. So I went to the vortech web page to see where they had the MAF at and mine was not at 10:00 like the one in the picture so I figured what the hell I tried everything else so when I go to move it I started thinging man thats right next to the motor you would think that would get really hot there.... Then it dawns on me an I look a picture then at my car and was like ! ! !WTF! ! ! goggled images on the v3 and low and behold every one of them was in back of the air filter.

GOOD NEWS
Put the MAF in back of air filter and both tunes rans awsome ! Although running a data log with my tuner i noticed that I was losing fuel rail presure so I pulled the fuel pump again and the fuel pump line was kinked again. So I bought some Gates hoses made to withstand being put inside a fuel tank and put it back together and walla 40-42 FRP @ WOT

BAD NEWS
Yup, then the very next day I'm comming home from work an the guy in front of me does not see the car in front of him making a left turn an at the last second wipps his car into the breakdown lane... I had time to think What The,... and the next thing I knew I was getting sucker punched by my airbag as I smacked the car that stoped to turn even thought nothing was comming and totaled my car.

GOOD NEWS
No one dies, and I parked my New 2011 - 5.0 in my garage today. =0) buy my 2007 at salvage for 2k & It Begains Again