Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger???

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

IMO if you want reliability the whipple with included frpp tune is the way to go. And keep the boost under 10psi. Some people get away with more - but there have been people who have blown engines with less.

There are no guarantees and nobody here can give you one.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:39 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

I've had Vortech and Kenne Bell superchargers on my Mustang. Both installed myself. Both have their differences in performance/operation. ANYTHING is gonna be more enjoyable than n/a!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:29 AM
redvertstang
2nd Gear Member

Saleen supercharges are popular too, have excellent performance and are easy to install. You can start with the basic kit @475HP and later upgrade to higher HPs.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:01 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Got a Saleen and I enjoy it! I believe people say to keep your hp below 450 on stock motor. Twinscrews have great power through the entire band and r efficient. They can create some great power at less boost. Roots r nice but not as efficient and centrifugals take more Rpms to spool up
Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 AM
redvertstang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Got a Saleen and I enjoy it! I believe people say to keep your hp below 450 on stock motor. Twinscrews have great power through the entire band and r efficient. They can create some great power at less boost. Roots r nice but not as efficient and centrifugals take more Rpms to spool up
+1 .
Old 01-30-2011, 03:33 PM
5POINTOH
2nd Gear Member

Talking

Does anyone here have the Saleen Supershaker? I am leaning towards that one after reading a number of supercharger threads.

I like the idea of the instant power of a twin screw and the looks of a shaker hood at the same time I think this would be my only choice for this combo.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Love my m90. Price was right, install I would dare say "almost easy". Power is awesome, blows the tires off with ease yet as a DD if you dont gas it heavy you dont even know its there, but when you do, its has that huge loud *** whine which brings a grin everytime!! LOL
Old 01-31-2011, 02:02 AM
5POINTOH
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Love my m90. Price was right, install I would dare say "almost easy". Power is awesome, blows the tires off with ease yet as a DD if you dont gas it heavy you dont even know its there, but when you do, its has that huge loud *** whine which brings a grin everytime!! LOL
Nice! How long did it take you to install it? Any special tools needed?

I am hoping more can chime in with some feedback on the Saleen SuperShaker as that is what I am leaning towards right now.

Anyone out there running 410's with a TS? I would be interested in getting your feedback. I hear 373's probably would be a better combo given the low end torque with the TS.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

BStock9....research it....just like everyone says. You being in Illinois, not sure what part, but you have Brenspeed right next door in Indiana. I have a Vortech V3 from Brenspeed....the downside to the centi is that the pickup at the start isn't anything spectacular, however, once you hit about 2500and up on the RPM...it is a beast.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:20 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5POINTOH
Does anyone here have the Saleen Supershaker? I am leaning towards that one after reading a number of supercharger threads.

I like the idea of the instant power of a twin screw and the looks of a shaker hood at the same time I think this would be my only choice for this combo.
If it didn't rain so damn often here in the NW I'd have one.

I think Boozeshey had one for awhile but then went with a GT500 engine/blower on his car.

Quick Reply: Supercharger???