Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:59 PM
DIMEBAG6025
1st Gear Member

Default supercharger

Originally Posted by 5POINTOH
If you are just cruising around and not going to be tracking the car......a twin screw probably would be the way to go if you want to spend the extra bucks. Out of your choices listed, I would go with the Whipple because not only does it put out a lot of power.....it is how a blower should look!

Tousley Ford has the Whipple for about $6300 shipped...best price I have seen so far.....but you can not go wrong with the Roush M90 for that price. You missed out on a sale AM had on the HO V2 Vortech (polished).....they had this kit for only about $3750. I came so close to buying it.....and I really figured out I want a Saleen Super Shaker.

Check out this video from Brenspeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECoab...layer_embedded
Thanks for all the input! i ordered the M90.couldnt pass it up for the price,just hope i dont regret it later!!! Thanks again.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Congrats dude

Trust me, you won't regret it. Imagine going full bolt on's, and then adding an extra 30 more whp... because that's how much power the M90 will be making on low boost!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:12 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DIMEBAG6025
im ordering the M-90 but was wondering if you had to modify your hood or it just fits under the factory one with no problem? should have asked the salesman when i bought it but it just came to mind! hope i posted this question in rite place,dont know much about this site cuz i just joined.thanks for all your help!!
the m90 is made for a 100% stock car, if its not in the kit, you don't need it. no hood mods needed, do yourself a favor and pay someone if you arent adept at this sort of thing. you can install yourself, but form looking at the threads around here where the guys did self installs it seems that they are more prone to issues than those that had some one experienced do the install.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Rickgee

Thanks for all the input! i ordered the M90.couldnt pass it up for the price,just hope i dont regret it later!!! Thanks again.
I have been thinking about adding a blower as well and am stuck on the Saleen Super Shaker too.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 AM
DIMEBAG6025
1st Gear Member

Default Blower

Originally Posted by Rickgee
I have been thinking about adding a blower as well and am stuck on the Saleen Super Shaker too.
Im waitin on the M90 i ordered to come in.I only paid 3700.00 OTD & shipped to my door! This is the chrome M90 but for the price you cant beat it! im also putting on Kooks Lt headers,Kooks Catted X,& Pypes Violator Axle Backs. Pretty suer it will be like driving a whole different beast!!! Cant wait but just not lookin forward to replacin those expensive a$$ tires!! LOL
Old 03-02-2011, 11:39 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Im waitin on the M90 i ordered to come in.I only paid 3700.00 OTD & shipped to my door! This is the chrome M90 but for the price you cant beat it! im also putting on Kooks Lt headers,Kooks Catted X,& Pypes Violator Axle Backs. Pretty suer it will be like driving a whole different beast!!! Cant wait but just not lookin forward to replacin those expensive a$$ tires!! LOL

I hope you got a custom tune for those headers cause you need one. Kooks HF cats are prone to break and clog. JDM told me to take off my HF cats after installing my m90, which I did. Your gonna love the new power thats for sure!!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

damn, they still have those at that price??

Deal of the decade right there!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:19 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I hope you got a custom tune for those headers cause you need one. Kooks HF cats are prone to break and clog. JDM told me to take off my HF cats after installing my m90, which I did. Your gonna love the new power thats for sure!!
is that all aftermarket cats, or just the kooks ones? i was just about to pull the trigger on some bbk long tubes and catted x. i know someone will say get another brand, but the stuff is new and a damn steal so I'm not passing it up.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:00 PM
jake1.11
1st Gear Member

ok...what am i missing here...where is everyone getting these things for $3,700???
Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jake1.11
ok...what am i missing here...where is everyone getting these things for $3,700???
Where ya been Jake? They have been on sale since October. Gary Yeoman Ford I believe is the only place that still has stock. Call em up fast dude.....it aint gonna last.

Shane, Brenspeed sells the metallic ones that are for FI applications. The ceramic ones are the ones that melt and to be avoided. Metallic ones are expensive too...

Quick Reply: Supercharger