5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Watch Out For School Zones

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 09:51 AM
SuicidalStang83
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Watch Out For School Zones

cops in chicago dont really give a **** unless your a polak with a ricer haha
Old 03-04-2006, 12:38 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

i got pulled over the other day doing 65 in a 50. i was sitting on a ramp waiting to get onto the highway and when it was clear i punched it i was doing 65 in second gear and i look over and theres a cop sitting there he motions me to pull over so i did he asked for my lisence. i didnt have it on me, i had just got changed for work and didnt pull it out of my pants on the floor. so insted of getting a $120 ticket and 4 points i got a ticket for failure to provide lisence or what ever it is for $180. i think its a lot better cause my mom would have taken me off her insurance and made me sell the car if i got a speeding ticket. so she still doesnt know i got pulled over
Old 03-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Champ561
3rd Gear Member

If you go to court and show proof of liscense then the ticket will get thrown.

In my mind Im already there
Old 03-04-2006, 01:57 PM
bvi steve

Here where I live, central coast of ca, the sighns say "When Children Present" on the bottom of the sighn in small print. I called the police dept. and asked just what that means? They said that the kids had to be near by for the limit to be in effect. If they can't be seen then it is not a violation.
Check with your local police and see what they say for your area.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:59 PM
dreamr

You are right, but I was young and stupid. There were no kids present, but tis no excuse and part of why I do not have that car today.......Only 9 years later have I felt responsible enough to start building another......Hehe well maybe not that responsible, but ya won't see me pull one like that again......

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

Half of you are lucky you aint in jail for speeding like that in school zones. I always do the speed limit in school zones, theres too much of a risk of a little kid getting hit. I hate when people speed in school zones and theres always cars behind me that are riding my *** because I'm actually doing the speed limit, but I think its just that f*cked up that people wanna speed through school zones, the speed limit is set low for a reason. I know that I speed on main roads and stuff, but not in a school zone when you have little kids walking down the street on their way to school. Speeding is illegal no matter how you look at it, but doing 5 to 10 over in the flow of traffic isnt gonna get you a ticket, but speeding 100 in a 55 will and so is spinning tires out of a parking lot.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:03 PM
white93 GT
2nd Gear Member

96 in a 30......i had had my liscence less than a month

walked away with a 100$ fine and 2 points
Old 03-04-2006, 06:10 PM
5.0coupe
3rd Gear Member

Hell ya know how yall feel got caught doing 16 over and the policeman let me off.. so lucky i think it was becasue he had a stang 2 hahaha
Old 03-04-2006, 07:01 PM
bigmudder
2nd Gear Member

my friend and i were driving around in this area we didnt know to good looking for some one to race well we found this honda civic that thought he could take my friends mom 2004 corvett well might not of thought he could take it maybe just wanted to try well any ways we were going down this main road doing like 130 and we see this cop like 50ft in front of us sitting in a parking lot talking to another cop and im like 2 cops 2 cops slow down and hes like **** them and we go flying by them at this point the honda has like practly stoped well the 2 cops go flying out of this parking lot and pulled us over and asked us how fast we were going and hes like "o well when i passed you 2 i was doing probly 130 but early tonight i had this top out around 140 some thing" the cops were like ya we got you at 130 and hes like well can i see the radar gun where you had me going that fast and they went back to there cars (at this point we are out of the car waiting to get arrested) and they come back and said we erased it and gave us a ticket for doing 130 in a 65 when he went to court he had to take me with him and he told the judge that the cops couldnt show him how fast he was going and he was just joking around with them about going that fast and the judge couldnt give him any thing since the cops were asked to perduce the speed and couldnt so we basicly didnt get any thing but we kicked that hondas *** and his mom wont let him drive her car again lol
Old 03-04-2006, 08:25 PM
89chatofive0
2nd Gear Member

There was a Cop here in Oak Ridge that I swear had a hard on for me. Eveytime he saw me would harass me since he did bust me for driving without a license, and i think he hated me. But I saw him at a party in Knoxville, he was doing a lne of cocaine off one of my Ex's friend's T**TS. I walked up to him and asked how he liked th coc. Never bothered me again. He got busted a few years ago for sleeping with minors, they had moved to be a Student resource officer. What a phucking arsehole.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:22 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Cops love 5.0's

Got pulled over for smoke'n the tires once.

Still got a ticket but cop pulls me aside and says.......

" I'm not try'n to get you to increminate yourself but......
How fast you gotten her up to? I used drive a police special unit."

hehehe