5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Road and Track Box

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 01:57 PM
LX 5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default Road and Track Box

by "www.maximummotorsports.com" Includes....

Strut towner brace, 4-point K-member Brace, Full Length subframe connectors, Panhard bar with aluminum rod, Heavy-duty rear lower control arms, race springs, front struts, rear shocks, caster/camber plates, Urethane Pinion snubber, front spring isolators, rear spring isolators, soilid steering shaft, aluminum rack bushings, center drilled, front swaybar bushings, front swaybar end link bushing kit, front control arm bushings, urethane.

I would be greatful for you mechanic's here and experienced Mustangers to give me an approximate instillation time for this kit saying one mechanic does the job? I have bacic mechanic skills, and don't know what I could install myself.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:07 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Road and Track Box

I would allot yourself an entire day if you are not experienced. It's not all that hard but you need to take your time if it's your first time and make sure you don't skip or forget anything.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:08 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Are you gonna be using a lift? Or trying to do this on the ground? If on a lift 1 to 1 and half days. On the ground, sorry your on your own but I would assume 3 or more days. Because of having to jack the car up and down and such. But a lift you should be able to do it within a day.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:12 PM
LX 5.0
3rd Gear Member

"I would allot yourself an entire day if you are not experienced". I assume you ment (allow).. If I had a proffessional do the job how many hours are we looking. I assume mechanic's run about at least 50 an hour? I would be doing it on jack stands but I know a few gear heads in my home town which I will in the area in the near future hopefully someone can hook me up with the right person. Have you done the job before? I recall you are a mechanic.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:39 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Actually I did mean allot. It means like "to set aside" or "to reserve".

Honestly Mechanics if friends could charge you anything. My friends help me for free but independent mechanics could charge anything. A normal shop charges anywhere from $75 to $150. So it all depends on how cool the mechanic is. See I know about how long it would take on a lift BUT doing it on Jack Stands changes everything. Not sure if there is many mechanics out there that would do this kinda work on the ground. I would still say one full day for an experienced mechanic on the ground, maybe more. Plus you know you HAVE to get an alignment afterwards too, just in case you forgot. I have done the full front k-memeber, a-arms, and coil over swap, as well as swap the end links. This being all on a lift though. It took me about 6 hours. BUT this is before I learned anything. It was actually my first like big job I did on my car, besides like maintanance stuff. I could easily do the k-member a-arms, and springs for the front will the sway bar end links in like 3 hours now. (on a lift).

And no I'm not a mechanic. Actually in August I'm going to the Ford Tech School here and then I'll be working as one and with an ASE Master tech until I get outta school. So soon I'll be able to say that I am.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:13 PM
LX 5.0
3rd Gear Member

Thank you. I guess It's safe to say it's a 10 hour job at a shop, probably run me at least a grand. Thats not bad for the rusults. Hopefully I can do part of the work my self then get the rest done by a mechanic. I have yet seen a handeling kit thats more intreging to buy. Do you know of a better package out there?