5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

OMG! Vortech FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:04 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: OMG! Vortech FTW!

im so jealous!!!!!!! cangrats man i would want to live in that car! mine is slow as heck
Old 02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

yea mines tight as well to work on too... thats why i was thinking about a kb instead... idunno tho... cant make up my mind between kb procharger vortech... congrats on the new s/c... samseed u got ne pics of you engine bay after u redid it??

No pics yet but I'll definately grab some....probably today. I havent isntalled my new headers yet, but I'm liking the way everything else is looking in there.

But now I'm giving serious consideration to removing the Explorer intake and going back to the stock intake. It may be more trouble than it's worth... clearance issues with the hood, strut bar, etc. I am thinking of taking my spare 302 I have in the basement and building a coupe built for the track and only the track.

I was happy when I had 430 RWHP (320 off the bottle.) and I may go back to my original setup...well, I'll leave the EGR off and the new headers on though (when I get to installing them.) But I think it's time for a 100% strip coupe. (I've been watching too much Pinks.

You know what my real problem is? I just can stop playing with engines, lol. Always looking for some excuse to remove or add something.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Glasersil
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

yea mines tight as well to work on too... thats why i was thinking about a kb instead... idunno tho... cant make up my mind between kb procharger vortech... congrats on the new s/c... samseed u got ne pics of you engine bay after u redid it??

No pics yet but I'll definately grab some....probably today. I havent isntalled my new headers yet, but I'm liking the way everything else is looking in there.

But now I'm giving serious consideration to removing the Explorer intake and going back to the stock intake. It may be more trouble than it's worth... clearance issues with the hood, strut bar, etc. I am thinking of taking my spare 302 I have in the basement and building a coupe built for the track and only the track.

I was happy when I had 430 RWHP (320 off the bottle.) and I may go back to my original setup...well, I'll leave the EGR off and the new headers on though (when I get to installing them.) But I think it's time for a 100% strip coupe. (I've been watching too much Pinks.

You know what my real problem is? I just can stop playing with engines, lol. Always looking for some excuse to remove or add something.
Did you run the 10lbs of boost and nitrous with your FMU and 19lb injectors? Whoa!
Old 02-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Black94GT
1st Gear Member

congrats on the blower, makes me want to go out and get a credit card and just take a cannonball jump into the debit pool
Old 02-12-2007, 02:49 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Glasersil

Did you run the 10lbs of boost and nitrous with your FMU and 19lb injectors? Whoa!
Oh Jesus no! I'm not THAT crazy, lol. The 19#ers were just with the boost. When I added the nitrous, I figured it would cause problems, so I bought a set of 30#ers for $100 and tossed those in.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:21 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

i thought u were making a lot more than that. we would have been a good race. my motor to motor with FI and then both of us on the spray
Old 02-12-2007, 03:49 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308
i thought u were making a lot more than that. we would have been a good race. my motor to motor with FI and then both of us on the spray
Nope, that was my limit when I maxed her out over the Summer. The bay is cleaned up and the H/C/I swap is in, kind of, lol. I've got to put my headers on and I still have to get a real plate to block the EGR on my TB. Onl got a temp fix on there now. I also have to get the Tweecer plugged in and running. And when all is said and done, I have to figure out a way yo get the hood to close. I may end up having to get a new hood with a decent cowl. Will definately need a new strut tower brace too.

And then if I do decide to buy the hood, brace, etc... then I will probably have to upgrade the tranyn and driveshaft, as there will be too much power to keep those together. That's kind f the reason why I want to do a swap and put it back to what it was this summer, leaving only a few of the chages. Then I want to buy a cheap coupe (got a lot around here), rebuild my spare 302, stroke it to 347, put a blower on it, and push that one to around 500 or so HP instead of puttin everything on my DD vert.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:58 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

so u don't thnk it would have been a good race?
Old 02-12-2007, 05:03 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I didn't realize you had nitrous on your old setup. Probably would have been close if you did. Without the bottle I was around 320 RWHP with a moderate tune. never dared to get too agressive with the timing.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:09 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

yes sir a 125 shot never got to spray it though.