5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

rx8

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:36 AM
Rixter
1st Gear Member

Default RE: rx8

I had lots of things to say to this thread as I was reading, but most were said/I just don't care anymore.

My brother has an FC, and I really like it. The rotary has a really linear power band, so as it goes up it just continually pulls harder and harder, it's a pretty cool feeling really. Of course the handling is amazing too. We've raced (what? Two cars from the same generation racing? WTF?!), and we both end up just admitting our cars are slow lol (stock = slow, but mine's faster ). He does miss the v8 torque though (It's his first non-v8 car).

I know that was a pointless anecdote, but so was most of the rest of this thread. So in closing, do you RX guys just google for people slamming on them and just valiantly defend them across the internet? And why does everyone get so upset when someone insults their car? I personally dont' think I could get upset if someone disses my car, I know what's good about it, what's bad about it, and why I like it, and that's something I don't have to prove to or convince anybody.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:07 AM
DIMMER
2nd Gear Member

To be honest iv'e have a couple imports i would like to have kept. A 83 supra i loved the seats lol and handled very well. I also have a 86 300z turbo i bought for 500$ cause the owner boughta new/upgraded turbo and never got the car to start again. He had it 2 years never running. I said ill give ya 500$ deal was set i got it home. first thing i did was pull a plug ... no spark. first thing i did was trace back ignitionand damn he forgot to put the rotor buton back in lol since he changed the dizzy and such when he upgraded the turbo. Man let me tell you this car was prettie sweet no exhaust only the down pipe thats it. Turbo spooled fast and all you seen was the sky lol. ( i did like how they droped in the ***) But.. like many know on here ive had/built lots of chevys. The feeling of a V8 is not relpaceable. Now i have my stang same feeling as my chevys still a good old V8. I dont care who made it, it's still american built power. Anyways in closeing i had a couple imports that i would like back, but i will always have my V8's there also.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:19 AM
foxyford

[/quote]

The picture shows where he lives which is an indication of the salary bracket I'm going to put him in. 30k - 45k a year. Enough to load up his pride and joy car that all the little kids in the "home" love to see and listen to, and still some spending money left over to buy the bare necessities. All stang owners around here must be poor, because trust me, the ones with money are out working their asses off at their jobs, and when they’re home on the weekends, they’re not on message boards with all the other idiot Mustang owners who have so inadvertently given them a bad name.

[/quote]

you just made a point that tmajikmandoesnt work as much and sits at home on his computer posting on a fourm yet you come on here, join as a member and get into an arguemnt that you dont even belong in. Somthing doesnt add up there. My sister owns a Mustang. She works in a hospital, lives in a high class condo in downtown Chicago, yet she is poor correct? You seem like a hypocritical assholee if you ask me. You come to a forum and basically throw around the fact that you have money to bust on a RX8 when alot of people on this forum probably have put just as much if not more money into there stangs as you have spent on your RX-8. Alot of people here as well have other cars, not just a Mustang but you wouldnt know that. Go live your awesome life with your RX-8 ha.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:45 AM
Mustang 8

ORIGINAL: DIMMER

To be honest iv'e have a couple imports i would like to have kept. A 83 supra i loved the seats lol and handled very well. I also have a 86 300z turbo i bought for 500$ cause the owner boughta new/upgraded turbo and never got the car to start again. He had it 2 years never running. I said ill give ya 500$ deal was set i got it home. first thing i did was pull a plug ... no spark. first thing i did was trace back ignitionand damn he forgot to put the rotor buton back in lol since he changed the dizzy and such when he upgraded the turbo. Man let me tell you this car was prettie sweet no exhaust only the down pipe thats it. Turbo spooled fast and all you seen was the sky lol. ( i did like how they droped in the ***) But.. like many know on here ive had/built lots of chevys. The feeling of a V8 is not relpaceable. Now i have my stang same feeling as my chevys still a good old V8. I dont care who made it, it's still american built power. Anyways in closeing i had a couple imports that i would like back, but i will always have my V8's there also.

oh man! those old Z's and Datsunswere amazing cars! and to what the Z community can do with those things now a days is just mind boggling.. but you're right, alot of the old Z's would like/prefer to put a a 350small block in them, nothing beats that raw feeling, but now i guess the new trend in the old Z's is the RB25/26DET motors. they just keep on experiementing.

I think what this thread turns down to is percentage of interaction, of course there are a lot of mustang owners out there, but with a larger overall population, you will have that larger influx of bad apples within that over all populus. now, that there are more RX-8 owners, same thing applies. Just dont forget that we're all car lovers and love to work on our cars. just differnt opinions.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:58 PM
pastfast125
4th Gear Member

LOL, I actually like rx8's and a few other imports, I just wanted to know if I would beat it in a dragrace

Old 04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
SN95Stang
2nd Gear Member

man what has this post come too? around my neck of the woods( central new jersey) all of us are friends. we have on a normal Wednesday nite atleast 100 cars to meet up at the local supermarket, it is imports and mustle cars, we all get along and there are no probs. guy with the RX8 nice car, but dont flaunt it like its amazing cuz true racers and car buffs kno the potential of a mustang. your car is nice and im sure you love it, thats what it is all about. i love my mustang more than anything and thats what matters. you mite love your corners and road races, but the majority of this community likes the 1320, and thats what we rely on for fun. so calm down and just take advantage of the great info that this place can put upon you. and plz dont make any rude comments about peoples homes. that is very low and tmajik is a very good guy on this forum.