Decent Suspension Kits For 90' 5.0 - looking for input and advice - - Page 6 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Reload this Page >

Decent Suspension Kits For 90' 5.0 - looking for input and advice -

Notices
5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Decent Suspension Kits For 90' 5.0 - looking for input and advice -

Old 10-10-2008, 11:45 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
Well i would like some quality if the cash is worth it.

Thats why i am kind of thinking about donig all the major parts.

I dont want to spend 300 on upper and lowers and still have the same ride eeling due to the shocks and springs. I dont want any limitations like that. .

But if its worth the cash, with in reason i am game.
control arms can effect you launch in a big way so i would not cheap out. the UPR's are a very good product. if you go adjustable you can always change your pinion angle for the best launches. i went solid and it landed me right in the ideal pinion degree for a very aggressive street car. about 4* pinion angle. the UPR solids are 200 +25 for the bolts=225 and 10 dollar shipping. very good deal. i also hear great things from the mega bytes. either is a quality purchase.

when it comes to springs and shocks you have to decide which route you're going cause you cant equally be good at both....what do you want more? straight line or handling? if you want handling you need a higher spring rate and some quality non adjustable shocks and springs would keep it on the cheap. adj. if you have the cash.

if you want fast straight line you want drag springs and adj. shocks and struts. summit has a freakin awesome kit already put together for what i just described...i know because i have it

this is what ihave and ran me just under 700 dollars shipped. i had to call to get the springs swapped out to what i wanted. it comes with ford lowering springs

but what you're looking at is hotchkis CC plates +harware
strange adj. shocks/struts
spring isolators(35 dollars extra)
and eibach drag launch springs + airbag
Old 10-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Bobert
3rd Gear Member

Ok thanks alot man for all of your input. I am most likely gonig to go with the UPR. I just wanted to hear that there a good product, rather then a stright stock replacement.

Springs and shocks i know are a whole new story. I am deffs going for cornering here. Its a street car, and i plan on taking it to the drags once this year, need to beat my father. Thats a whole differant topic as well.

Do you know any kits, or even jsut rear spring kits that a decent price? Or brands?

Thanks
Old 10-10-2008, 02:35 PM
U S Marine
2nd Gear Member

I'll bet the shoes (on the left) bumped up the price! HaHaHaaaa..uhmm, Just kidding. Back on track. Are the springs the "B" or "C" FMS springs?
Old 06-22-2017, 03:23 PM
snakespit

I read thru this whole thread because I am getting ready to do the suspension on my car. I was wondering if it mattered how much drop you put in the front and back without creating other issues other places. I am also getting ready to do a drum to disc conversion at the same time and have about 3k to do all this without wheels and tires. It's a weekend driver that I'm not going to be on the drag with, but if someone test me I would like to be ready!!!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:54 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Usually 1" to 1.5" drop won't have any serious drawbacks. Any more than that and your ride will suffer ( extremely stiff suspension with you and your spine feeling every bump/crack in the road )

And just a side note, it's preferred to just start a new thread with your questions. Digging up an old thread just means that we also have to read the whole thread to put your reply in context.

Good luck in your decision.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:00 AM
snakespit

Thanks for the advice on both. New to the forum and still figuring out the etiquette. Were you saying a 1" drop in front and a 1.5" drop in rear?