5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

oh noooo

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:25 AM
jpirate

Default RE: oh noooo

Thanks for getting the pics up ricepatrol.Thanks for all the well wishes everyone,and hopefully you won't get in too much trouble 5.0coupe.You know,it is my daughter's fault because she hit the other car in the rear,but on the other hand he missed his road and stopped unexpectedly,I myself have almost hit people like that.I am prejudiced though,I love my daughter extremely.I am glad that it didn't happen because she was speeding or racing or some type of horseplay,then I would ground her from the car.I think that the way it did happen,it could've happened to me just as easily.I feel very lucky they weren't hurt any worse,and when I build this next car for her,the brakes will get some extra attention.What kind of brake upgrades work the best on these cars? jim
Old 01-23-2006, 12:44 AM
ricepatrol
3rd Gear Member

No problem Jim.
1982-'83 Lincoln Continental, Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, 1987-'88 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, or SVO Mustang can be used for rear disk brakes on the mustang.
From the DIY junkyard stickey-
I think most of the brake kits require a 5 lug conversion- but don't quote me on that
-J.Michael
Old 01-23-2006, 02:34 AM
Nobityeaho

My first car was a 92 New Yorker 5th Ave and someone 2 cars ahead of me stopped unexpectedly like that coming up to a green light going like 40, car ahead of me stopped quick, i stopped fine, the newer explorer behind me didnt stop very well at all, my car was totalled, but i got over it by replacing it with a 91 mustang gt convertible. anywho 87-93 mustangs are cheap, $1000 fix on your daughters car wouldnt be worth it as you could get a whole other car for $1500, browse ebay for just the right one and you could even sell your existing parts there. I probably wouldnt do a 4cylinder car swap because the 4 cylinder car had smaller and weaker: shocks/springs, brakes, transmission, and also the seats are much less supportive...As far as the brake upgrades i think you would get a noticeable difference out of drilled or slotted rotors ($150 at the most on ebay) and higher quality brake pads. I would say just freshen up the rear brakes, buy replacement parts rather than upgrading, upgrading them wouldnt help that much because most of your stopping power is done by the front brakes