5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 06:16 PM
SICNINETYCOUPE
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno Numbers

Yes that would be maxing the blower and 680hp, which he is clearly not doing and 390hp. Running the SC trim at 10lbs is far from it's capabilites. A T-trim or Novi 2000 would be better if he had a stronger block to put it on. Stock, stroked, heads/cam 302 block will quickly see it's limit with a S-trim. Hell, many people have gone 9 sec times with that blower. The supercharger is not making the low numbers.
[/quote]
Never said the s/c is the reason for the low numbers. i said its a cork for that kind of power plant. Strong block or not it has nothing to do with it, the novi 2000 or t-trimwould make more power with the same or less boost period. If your worried about breaking parts a bigger blower will make more power and do it with less boost = less stress on the shortblock.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:51 PM
bouchermb
4th Gear Member

I knew a more expensive/larger blower would make more powerwith the same orless boost, and that I've still got potential for more boost with my current blower. I'll probably go to a smaller pulley soon and see what that edlivers, but am not going to get too crazy, since I absolutely do not want to break parts. It's been a long time in the making and I just want to enjoy the car for a little while.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:52 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SICNINETYCOUPE

Never said the s/c is the reason for the low numbers. i said its a cork for that kind of power plant. Strong block or not it has nothing to do with it, the novi 2000 or t-trimwould make more power with the same or less boost period. If your worried about breaking parts a bigger blower will make more power and do it with less boost = less stress on the shortblock.
Something being a cork means that it is holding it back. Again, that blower is not holding back his setup. Yeah, a bigger blower would make more power at the same boost, but it would do the same on any engine, not just a built 347. Actually, the difference between a T-trim and S-trim at the same psi has been shown to be minimal. The main benefit of a T-trim is the fact that it can be spun faster and has a higher boost capability. He is looking to run lower boost levels so that really don't matter on his part. Basically, for the power he is looking to make, a T-trim or equivilant would be a bit over kill. The S-trim is just fine until he is ready to push some serious power.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:18 PM
SICNINETYCOUPE
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OneFastEclipse

Something being a cork means that it is holding it back. Again, that blower is not holding back his setup. Yeah, a bigger blower would make more power at the same boost, but it would do the same on any engine, not just a built 347. Actually, the difference between a T-trim and S-trim at the same psi has been shown to be minimal. The main benefit of a T-trim is the fact that it can be spun faster and has a higher boost capability. He is looking to run lower boost levels so that really don't matter on his part. Basically, for the power he is looking to make, a T-trim or equivilant would be a bit over kill. The S-trim is just fine until he is ready to push some serious power.
The point is that using a bigger blower is morecrucial on a larger displacement engine for max efficientcy and power production so if that was what he was looking for (wich he is not) then YES that blower is holding him back. and he is not running an S-trim he is running an SC trim totally different.Im not sure where yougetyour infocause there's a power difference even just between the V-1 S-trim and the V-2 S-trim let alone the T-trim and S-trim. the T-trim and S-trim have similar impelers and volutes the housings are different sizes = more flow. more flow= more power. try filling a baloon with a straw and onewith 3/8" tubing see wich fills up faster same diff.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:20 PM
SICNINETYCOUPE
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bouchermb

I knew a more expensive/larger blower would make more powerwith the same orless boost, and that I've still got potential for more boost with my current blower. I'll probably go to a smaller pulley soon and see what that edlivers, but am not going to get too crazy, since I absolutely do not want to break parts. It's been a long time in the making and I just want to enjoy the car for a little while.
hey i am in no way knocking your car or your numbers, i just want to make that clear, and im not trying to steal this thread. just trying to educate some who arent getting the whole picture and then passing onpoor tech advice.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:44 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

The point is that using a bigger blower is morecrucial on a larger displacement engine for max efficientcy and power production so if that was what he was looking for (wich he is not) then YES that blower is holding him back.
Exactly! "Which he is not." You keep answering your own question in why I said it is not holding him back. He is not currently asking for more air then that blower can provide. Could that engine over work the S-trim? Hell yes it could. But he is far from that point. Once he even got close to that point, I would really be concerned about the stock block.

and he is not running an S-trim he is running an SC trim totally different.
Yes they are different, but they produce the same capabilities. They both produce a max airflow of 1,000cfm and have a theoretical max HP of 680hp. The only difference is the SC-trim has to be spun slightly faster to get to the same max as the S-trim.

Im not sure where yougetyour infocause there's a power difference even just between the V-1 S-trim and the V-2 S-trim let alone the T-trim and S-trim. the T-trim and S-trim have similar impelers and volutes the housings are different sizes = more flow. more flow= more power. try filling a baloon with a straw and onewith 3/8" tubing see wich fills up faster same diff.
I never stated that the T-trim would not make more power then the S-trim. I stated that at the same psi, the T-trim would make more power, though the difference isn't huge. The difference becomes more noticable at higher boost levels, not at 10psi.

I'm not saying any of your info is incorrect, I just personally don't see the SC-Trim holding him back AT THIS POINT.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:07 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

ORIGINAL: MarkNieb

What's a terminator? I thought all cobra's 94 up used the same engine, just changed body styles...
what?! O_O I WISH

Stock 94/95 Cobras put down roughly 220whp. Stock Terminators (03/04 Cobras) Do something in the area of 370whp.

ORIGINAL: nacanitihs

didnt adder get 270rwhp out of his 95 cobra w/ a tune?
he said he did...
I saw a bunch of 94-95 cobra owners over at corral say they put down anywhere from 230-250 rwhp bone stock, so I can beleive him on that one