5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Just picked up a $1000 Stang...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Default RE: Just picked up a $1000 Stang...

ORIGINAL: stangcrazygirl

Well.. this is my 13th Mustang I have had in my life, so I do know some about them. What kind of combo would be good for this one? This is (or will be) my weekend car/fun car. I want it to stay streetable but be pretty quick and look clean.

Suggestions? I am still learning... being a girl I don't always work on my own car all the time (but I try). lol...

are you wanting a budget car, or some highend parts?

something like that, i would go budget- GT40 heads, cobra intake, E303 cam, exhaust, gears, and wheels. maybe subframe connectors, since we all know fox verts are soo stiff
Old 07-29-2008, 02:25 PM
stangcrazygirl

ORIGINAL: 68CSTANG

Looks nice for $1000...wats wrong with the wheels? I think they look good
I like draglights but these have a heavy film build up on them from the car sitting for a while. I washed them but all it it did was take the dirt mostly off, they still look crappy close up.

I am thinking of putting chrome Pony's or 03 Cobra style wheels on it.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

machined 03 cobras!
Old 07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
stangcrazygirl

ORIGINAL: NYstang

Well.. this is my 13th Mustang I have had in my life, so I do know some about them. What kind of combo would be good for this one? This is (or will be) my weekend car/fun car. I want it to stay streetable but be pretty quick and look clean.

Suggestions? I am still learning... being a girl I don't always work on my own car all the time (but I try). lol...

something like that, i would go budget- GT40 heads, cobra intake, E303 cam, exhaust, gears, and wheels. maybe subframe connectors, since we all know fox verts are soo stiff
Yes mostly budget. What you suggested is pretty much everything I was thinking. I want it to be quick but not a radical beast... lol I might add a ZEX Nitrous kit on it also. I want to get like a 4 point roll bar or just get a style bar, a 2.5" Cowl hood, and new truck lid with a saleen wing or something smaller.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:38 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: 68CSTANG

Looks nice for $1000...wats wrong with the wheels? I think they look good
I like draglights but these have a heavy film build up on them from the car sitting for a while. I washed them but all it it did was take the dirt mostly off, they still look crappy close up.

I am thinking of putting chrome Pony's or 03 Cobra style wheels on it.
Buy a powerball and some aluminum polish. They will buff out nicely.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:42 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

ORIGINAL: NYstang

Yes mostly budget. What you suggested is pretty much everything I was thinking. I want it to be quick but not a radical beast... lol I might add a ZEX Nitrous kit on it also. I want to get like a 4 point roll bar or just get a style bar, a 2.5" Cowl hood, and new truck lid with a saleen wing or something smaller.

get a rollbar, in my opinion. then you dont have to worry at the track about being kicked.

dont do a saleen wing- shave the trunk. looks drool worthy like that.

were you thinking of a 5-lug swap? that really expands your wheel choices, and a ton better braking.