5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

current go to h/c/i for a 347?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:50 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default current go to h/c/i for a 347?

I have been out of the pushrod game for quite a while. well I'm going to be helping my buddy with a 347 build(in a 2100lb miata no less) and we're looking for the most efficient h/c/i setup is that guys are using now. Any new heads come out in the past 3 years that have shown to work well with the setup? Also who's the go to guy for custom cams now, my old 347 had a Jay Allen cam but last I heard he was having some issues? Not really concerned about n/a numbers as it'll be boosted soon after it's in the car. opinions and suggestions welcome!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I have been out of the pushrod game for quite a while. well I'm going to be helping my buddy with a 347 build(in a 2100lb miata no less) and we're looking for the most efficient h/c/i setup is that guys are using now. Any new heads come out in the past 3 years that have shown to work well with the setup? Also who's the go to guy for custom cams now, my old 347 had a Jay Allen cam but last I heard he was having some issues? Not really concerned about n/a numbers as it'll be boosted soon after it's in the car. opinions and suggestions welcome!
Tfs fac 190's, victor jr efi intake, custon FTI cam (call ED Curtis) he won't screw you like Jack hole Allen did to many, furthermore he won't spew bs unfounded theroies.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:29 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

awesome, thanks for the response mjr. I see you still have the same sig from back when i was around haha. what kind of setups do you currently have?

I'll check out those tfs heads, and will deff be going with ed curtis. I did a quick search on the cams and Ed's name is mentioned time and time again and saw that Jay's business has went down hill fast. I never had any issues with my cam from him but a lot can change in a few years.

Anyone with the vic jr hows the hood clearance as far as stock hoods? that really means nothing since this is going in a miata but he wants the stock hood to clear if at all possible for the stealth factor.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:33 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
awesome, thanks for the response mjr. I see you still have the same sig from back when i was around haha. what kind of setups do you currently have?

I'll check out those tfs heads, and will deff be going with ed curtis. I did a quick search on the cams and Ed's name is mentioned time and time again and saw that Jay's business has went down hill fast. I never had any issues with my cam from him but a lot can change in a few years.

Anyone with the vic jr hows the hood clearance as far as stock hoods? that really means nothing since this is going in a miata but he wants the stock hood to clear if at all possible for the stealth factor.
I need to update the sig, the only one I have left is the white 85, it has the same 347 short block from ford strokers, but I just put on a set of custom 203 cc tfs tw's from ED as well as a vic jr ported and gasket matched by him and upgraded to 1 3/4 headers, the cam in it is from FTI as well, I'm still working out some bugs but it should be faster N/A than it previously was with afr 185's and a ported air gap. My other ride is an 89 vert with full h/c/i and a vortech t-trim set at 12 psi, needs a meth kit and tune still, so needless to say my rides are not finished / ready for the track anytime soon glad to see you back here!!