Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Finger on the trigger.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Airborne89

Default Finger on the trigger.

Alright. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2011 5.0 and need to narrow my choices down. I test drove a 5.0 with a 6 speed manual and 3.73 gears. I really liked it so am thinking about going that route. Might look at the 3.55 gears too since I believe those would be better on the highway during trips.

Other options I wanted were the Brembo brake package and HID's.

I'm debating on the comfort package basically because my wife liked the power passenger seat. She likes sitting up a little higher. Not sure on that one. Any opinions from people that have it are welcome. Heated seats aren't important living in the desert.

I like the 401A package because I like the look of the seat with the contrasting stripe. Is there anything else in that package or am I getting seat stripes for $395?

One model I'm having them work numbers on includes the 401A, anti-theft, security package, 3.73 HID, comfort, Brembo, electronics package and camera. I don't need all that but it's what they had and I have them working numbers on it. I figured worst case I get a price on that and can work it down if needed. Out of this package what would be considered must have and what is a waste? I plan on keeping the car long term and doing some minor mods to it. I don't race or go to the track so power mods may be limited to Roush parts just to keep everything done through the dealer. The car will not be a primary daily driver but will share the duty with my SUV. Maybe getting driven 3 days a week max. I will use it to travel up north and cruise through the mountains and winding roads of 89A in the Prescott area. My wife will also drive it once she gets comfortable with the 6 speed and I believe the electronics package offers better hands free capabilities. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As always input is welcome. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
DanB2398

I got the the comfort package did not have to have it but the car they were giving me the deal on had it. I don't have the 401 package just the 400 package. I was just looking for the 400 package with no options but i ended getting a car with 19 inch wheels comfort package and the over the top racing stripe. for a few bucks under invoice i don't have nav but for the hands free the sync works real well and will guide u with voice. I also just put the roush axleback exhaust on there for 370 bucks with sounds great. I shopped around at 5 diffrent places gl
Old 11-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Airborne89

How do you like the Roush exhaust? The main reason I was thinking of getting that one was because I heard there is no drone. I know the Corsa is advertised as drone free too but I think it's over $600. Not sure if there's much performance difference between the Roush and Corsa for that much money. I know other people talk about more performance with other exhausts but they all seem to have the drone and since I will be using this for trips that is a problem.

Thanks for the input.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:03 PM
DanB2398

for 370 bucks u can't beat it. it sounds really loud when u want it to. but u can hide to it if u shift early. there is no drone in 6 th gear on the highway If u are coasting it is not loud at all just when u are on it. sounds really mean when u get on it past 3,000 i don't think the highway driving with it will be an issue for you
Old 11-08-2010, 10:48 PM
CaptnRbrt

The comfort pkg is nice if your wife rides with you much. The heated seats feel good for sore backs and cold backs. And if it is a DD and you spend plenty of time in it or travel a lot, the electronics pkg will keep you entertained and give you dual zone climate control for the wife to fight the female heat flash/cold feet thing ; ) I got a fairly loaded auto 5.0, just wish the Brembo pkg and 3.73s were options for autos.