Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

BMW's Nightmare / Poor Man's Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 01:20 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

nicely done!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:20 PM
lawman1
1st Gear Member

Default Not true grasshopper 5ohwhoa

I own this car outright. The money I put into it was mine not the banks. I did cross shop the BMW M3. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford one. I curently own a BMW three series (Okay but soulless). You should check out the M3 forums. More than a few think the Mustang is a better performance package stock and some of those have gone out and bought 5.0's
I bought the Mustang, (it is the second one I have modified) because I liked the feel of it when I drove it. I liked the low end power and the sound. The visceral experience of driving the car got me. The M3 on the other hand was nicer inside but did not give me instant power when I stepped into it and the engine sound was high and whiney and you could only hear it at 6000 rpm's.

Also the Mustang is American and I want to support this country not Germany. All I had to be convinced of was that Ford could give me something performance wise where I would not have to bow my head in shame as the foreigners wearing too much cologne pulled up next to me in an M3 or m5 or AMG at a red light. I could buy those cars. I don't want them as much for the Putzes I see driving them as anything else. My goal was to produce a vehicle that was clearly superior to the M3 in every respect . . . as a statement to the legion of M3 putzes that populate my town. Where I live they are more common then Mustangs or dirt. The statement is the following: "You guys who wear too much cologne and fancy yourselves studs because your parents bought you an M3 or an AMG with their medicare fraud dollars can kiss my American A**. Bring it! And after you get beat don't rely on your "fit and finish" or leather to dry your tears because I/we got you beat there too. I am fanning the flames of competition since the Camaro presents such a little challenge. Sorry to offend you.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 PM
5ohwhoa

Originally Posted by lawman1
I own this car outright. The money I put into it was mine not the banks. I did cross shop the BMW M3. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford one. I curently own a BMW three series (Okay but soulless). You should check out the M3 forums. More than a few think the Mustang is a better performance package stock and some of those have gone out and bought 5.0's
I bought the Mustang, (it is the second one I have modified) because I liked the feel of it when I drove it. I liked the low end power and the sound. The visceral experience of driving the car got me. The M3 on the other hand was nicer inside but did not give me instant power when I stepped into it and the engine sound was high and whiney and you could only hear it at 6000 rpm's.

Also the Mustang is American and I want to support this country not Germany. All I had to be convinced of was that Ford could give me something performance wise where I would not have to bow my head in shame as the foreigners wearing too much cologne pulled up next to me in an M3 or m5 or AMG at a red light. I could buy those cars. I don't want them as much for the Putzes I see driving them as anything else. My goal was to produce a vehicle that was clearly superior to the M3 in every respect . . . as a statement to the legion of M3 putzes that populate my town. Where I live they are more common then Mustangs or dirt. The statement is the following: "You guys who wear too much cologne and fancy yourselves studs because your parents bought you an M3 or an AMG with their medicare fraud dollars can kiss my American A**. Bring it! And after you get beat don't rely on your "fit and finish" or leather to dry your tears because I/we got you beat there too. I am fanning the flames of competition since the Camaro presents such a little challenge. Sorry to offend you.
You're not offending me, I own an '11 GT too. I do work with a bunch of guys who have M3s, M6s, etc. and I don't think many of them would even consider a Mustang, let alone care if they "got their doors blown off" by one. Your average BMW owner isn't a street racer, trust me on this.

They're two different cars for two completely different markets. One is a high powered pony car and I would hesitate to call a Mustang a luxury car, let alone one on par with a Bimmer. The other is a luxury car with ***** that is much more refined than the 'stang. It's cheap performance versus luxury and performance - that's the way I look at it.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:57 PM
mbhpgapro

Default i've had both

Having owned both the 11' stang and a 03' M3 and M5 for that matter, I don't see that there is a comparison. They are both great in their own way. I like the mustang because of its lack of refinement and liked the M3 because of its refinement, if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong the Mustang is a refined car but with more refinement comes more money and that is a big part of the equation. I don't think that a true american muscle car should sound or perform like an "M" german car. The mustang is loud and proud and the M3 isn't. The only thing that I would like is if the mustang had the same handling characteristics as the M3 at the same price. I love my mustang and don't miss my M5 at all.,especially the $4300.00 clutch and flywheel replacement at 70,000 miles!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:50 PM
acrbill

Originally Posted by lawman1
"You guys who wear too much cologne and fancy yourselves studs because your parents bought you an M3 or an AMG with their medicare fraud dollars can kiss my American A**. Bring it!.
LOFL. Well said!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Damn.. now...after seeing these pics.. im gonna have to lower my car
Old 12-02-2010, 04:00 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mbhpgapro
Having owned both the 11' stang and a 03' M3 and M5 for that matter, I don't see that there is a comparison. They are both great in their own way. I like the mustang because of its lack of refinement and liked the M3 because of its refinement, if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong the Mustang is a refined car but with more refinement comes more money and that is a big part of the equation. I don't think that a true american muscle car should sound or perform like an "M" german car. The mustang is loud and proud and the M3 isn't. The only thing that I would like is if the mustang had the same handling characteristics as the M3 at the same price. I love my mustang and don't miss my M5 at all.,especially the $4300.00 clutch and flywheel replacement at 70,000 miles!!!
I agree. Even at the point in the Mustangs progression it's still comparing apples to oranges. Not that either is entirely inferior or superior, but they are just good at different things. Much of it is subjective, and to say that you've build a car that is entirely superior to an M3 is a statement that only the OP can validate, as it's only relative to him. Someone might drive both the OP's car and an M3, and still walk away thinking the M3 is a nicer ride.

A lot will consider the M3 to be superior simply because it comes as is. Yes, at a much higher price tag. I admire what the OP did to his car, I really do, but like I stated before, take what he did, and have Ford do it, and see how the price of the car skyrockets.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
T.Wayne
1st Gear Member

Default Thats the point

Thats the point of the Mustang since 1964 1/2 to have a Sports Car that working people could afford and now with such great after market options it just gets better for the owner. I like what you have done and the 5.0 from the factory did beat in multiple test the BMW M3 were it counts on the track.
But with that said it was not by much but its a fact. I have drove on many a TRACK or RINGS in Germany and ever time American made sports cars took to the track it was a hit love the BMW love the PORSCH. But I will save my hard earned money and spend it to make it my own. Thats the appeal of the Mustang Thats the point.

T.Wayne 2nd generation American Deployed so we can stay American!