Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

yet another skip shift thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:43 AM
dragline
2nd Gear Member

i crawled up under my car while it was on the ramps to check it out. i can't see how you get your hands on the connector to get a good pull on it to disconnect. you need the guy from the burger king commercial with the tiny hands.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:35 PM
RickyBobby
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dragline
i crawled up under my car while it was on the ramps to check it out. i can't see how you get your hands on the connector to get a good pull on it to disconnect. you need the guy from the burger king commercial with the tiny hands.

guess i'm screwed then!!! that pic cracked me up!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:23 PM
lundefinedl
1st Gear Member

does double clutch on upshift eliminate skipshift?
Old 12-28-2010, 03:31 PM
nemosgt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lundefinedl
does double clutch on upshift eliminate skipshift?
Don't think so. Except that the pause/time to do the double clutch would probably put the system outside the skip-shift parameters and the shift would be normal. Often if I spot the message in the gauge, I pause for a second in the middle of the shift, the light goes out and the shift is normal.
Think the double clutch procedure was used years ago before synchromesh for rev-matching when down-shifting and really doesn't make sense on an upshift, no?

Cheers.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:49 PM
lundefinedl
1st Gear Member

As far as I know, there isn't any practical value to doing it on upshift. I was just curious if you hit the clutch twice if it would effect it.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:00 AM
rodmoe

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...kip-shift.html

stay in the lines boy its all good
Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 AM
dragline
2nd Gear Member

still wanting to know how in the heck you get your hands way up there to get hold of this damn connector!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dragline
still wanting to know how in the heck you get your hands way up there to get hold of this damn connector!!!
Use a light and locate the plug and the locking tab. I think it was on the left of the plug. I wear XL gloves. I was able to put my left hand up to the plug. Using my index and middle finger, I was able to squeeze the locking tab and used the harness to gently pull the plug out. Used the same process putting 4" sections of tape around the plug. The harness got taped and zip tied to another harness close by.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:29 PM
dragline
2nd Gear Member

AzPete - i can't even see the doggone thing! trying to visualize what the connector looks like - i'll do some more searching the internets to see if there's a good picture of it. i really hate skip shift...
Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Sorry I didn't take a shot when it was on the lift. If you position yourself as if you were inspecting the u-joint at the rear of the tranny, then just follow the side of the case forward, staying close to the top. You will see a harness with two wires and a black plug. The wire loops to the rear and down and then towards the front along another small harness.

Quick Reply: yet another skip shift thread...