Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

C&L CAI and Bama Tune = priceless

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:45 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Couldn't have said it any better Mishri!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

It's a shame this thread was taken off topic by a fella who HATES American muscle..

I saw the post about the guy with the #8 failure.. Not sure if it was here or a different forum.. Nevertheless, Ford replaced the engine and that was that... Could be a Ford issue and not even a tuner issue.. He just so happened to have a tune on it.. Well who doesn't own one of these and doesn't have a tune or wish they did?

I am glad the op has has good results with the tune and cai.. Makes me want one even more.. I like the free tunes for life and the shown customer service by American Muscle.. Chris didn't have to come on here and defend himself and even try to help the mad dude, but he did.. That was awesome, I am impressed...
Old 07-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

AHEM......................................... From Chris Rose himself at svtp on 6/29/11. Anyone care to comment on this?? Again, this is only concerning the 2011/12 mustang GTs, NOT THE OLDER CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...l#post10827985

Most of the top tuners in the country, offer mail-order tunes. It's because it's not about whether the tune is mail-order or not, it's about experience with the platform. Any company that is sending out SCT value files, shouldn't be mail-order tuning cars. If they dyno-tuned cars, they'd see that those value files can't be sent out.

2 of the tuners you mentioned had motor failures confirmed. We had 2 motor failures confirmed and we don't use global spark, don't use SCT value files, do command a safe air fuel ratio, do lab test and dyno/street/track test all of our MAF calibrations to ensure accuracy, do use IDS and other OE-type datalogging and data acquisition tools, do error on the side of the safe, do use stock knock sensor sensitivity, are the largest SCT dealer in the world (thousands of 2011's), are SCT certified, and do own/operate a dyno and 9 company Mustangs and many employee Mustangs.

It's still too young in the process of getting this cylinder 8 issue handled to start pointing fingers anywhere. I just thought I'd clear up some of the "toons are doing it" nonsense.
So with all of this you said, what happened to those motors? Are you admitting it was your tune that popped them, and what are you doing for those customers? Anything? I know people are going to absolutely dissect this post and what chris posted over at svtp, but this is scary **** for people to hear. I have heard it from customers that have popped motors and others that are running scared. This paired with my past experience with AM sent me running, and I suggest you all with 5.0 GTs do the same until all this drama get sorted out, and once and for all someone credible can stand up and say "YES this was caused by rushed to the market tunes, or it was caused by a rash of bad parts..." and so on. I was not, nor have ever trolled here or anywhere else. But dont go crying to papa Ford when your 5.0 gets hurt and all I tried to do was warn you. And also a little food for thought, there is not one person posting in this thread that has been a member here longer than me.

Last edited by Jiggy_One; 07-04-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Jiggy... MULTIPLE major tuners have had the cylinder 8 problem and had some engines go. Does that not tell you its not just the tuner?

And WTF is this "bandwagoner" talk?
If people attest to quality work they have had done they are bandwagoners?

The same could be said for the FEW that HAVE had major problems.
YOU could be called on of their AM hater bandwagoners.

The #8 cylinder problem could easily be a source of the two engines going.
This #8 cylinder problem is obviously not one tuning company's fault.
Ford released a TSB about the problem not only stating that ANY aftermarket tune can cause it, but that other aftermarket products can cause it.

So because you had a problem...and your experience was not what you hoped, you are blaming the #8 cylinder problem on AM's tunes? Wow that's really smart and logical.

No... these people were just attesting to good work they have had done.
YOU SIR are the one on the badwagon. Blaming a huge issue on only AM when it obviously is happening from different aftermarket tuners, AND parts.

Does nothing about this clue you in to the fact that there is a BIGGER probability that this has to do with the 5.0 having a problem out of the box being able to handle aftermarket tunes in some circumstances?

Im not bashing Ford either. The 5.0 is great. But all first gen motors and releases have problems that have to be fixed.

We dont even know how widespread the problem is.
It could be pretty big... or a small amount.

Nonetheless the #8 cylinder problem is NOT just something isolated to AM's tunes and blaming them for it because you had problems is just ignorant.
And posting a thread about a ghost cam had nothing to do with this thread.

I UNDERSTAND you had a bad experience. I UNDERSTAND you are not happy with AM for it. WE GET IT.
But that does NOT mean they are not a good tuner company and does NOT mean there are MANY more HAPPY customers than UNHAPPY.

NO SHOP, NO TUNER, NO NOTHING does things without problems popping up sometimes.

If you were not happy with AM then fine dont use them.
If you don't want to recommend them then fine dont do it.
But don't go BASHING them and calling them amateurs. Especially given how many tunes they have done and how long Chris and his
guys have been doing them.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 07-04-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

nvmnd.

Last edited by Jiggy_One; 07-04-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

You know what, Im sorry that I brought any of this up. Enjoy your tunes like you have been. This is a complete losing battle. Congrats, you all won, I give up.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

That's your problem.
You were trying to make a battle.