Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Going in for warranty work again :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:37 PM
ring3r
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
I have a question, and it's more hypothetical than anything... let's say this most recent problem is fixed and returned to. Problem returns and you take it back. Car is "fixed" and given back. So far 2 separate attemps to repair the same problem have occurred. Now for some reason the SAME problem returns 2 more times and in this hypothetical situation, you would be at the dealership to have the SAME problem repaired for a 4th time, with 3 separate documented repairs. In most states, the car might qualify to be considered a "LEMON" providing you the legal justification to return the car to the manufacturer. However, you are stationed in a foreign country, but your home of record is obviously back in CONUS. Would you even have any recourse to pursue a Lemon law case? Would it be based on your HOR? The car is registered in Germany, and likely not in any state in the CONUS yet, correct?

Don
There are provisions for lemon law things here too - the warranty company that handles Military Car Sales cases is subject to the same thing as in the states. 3 repairs on an issue without it being resolved and it's a "lemon"

The great thing is, now the dealership says they can't replicate the issue with the clutch pedal. It's still OBVIOUSLY there, although less prominent. It doesn't affect the vehicle's ability to lock up the clutch, so it's more of a "it's not supposed to feel like this" issue but it's very obviously there. I told them this, and they said well yes but we can't get it to do it now. I said...you have to shift near redline, up near 7000rpm. Their response? "That's so high, we're not going to do that."

So, they can't replicate the issue because they're not willing to rev the car to an RPM which it was designed to handle. And because of this, I cannot get it fixed?

Additionally, I took the vehicle in to have the gear noise addressed (had to make an appointment)....so, an hour drive there and an hour back. They told me to come drop the car off 2 days later, so I made arrangements with the rental company and my warranty service (so the rental would be covered). I drove there again, another hour, and you know what they did? They looked at the car again, drove it, just like before, and then told me they were going to contact Ford and see what was needed, and told me I could take the car again. Excuse me but is that not exactly what they did 2 days earlier? So the guy who's coming to pick me up, I wasted his time and gas, and then I CANT get a rental because unless the vehicle is actually in the shop, my warranty won't pay for it. So, I've been driving the car around for a week and a half now. I called the dealership at the 1 week mark...they said they hadn't heard back from Ford yet on what they could do to the car.

So now it's been a week and a half, the noise is getting louder, I can't take more time off work to make another 2 hour adventure to drop the ****ing thing off, I can't get a rental, I have to drive 4 hours tomorrow for a hospital appointment because I had major back surgery 3 months ago, and I am afraid the damn rear end is going to go out. AND THE DEALER HASN'T EVEN PRESSED FOR FOR A SOLUTION. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A COURSE OF ACTION YET.

It's getting to the point where so much of my time and money has been wasted with the non-stop run around, bull**** answers, inability to fix things...I don't think the lemon law is the correct course of action for me. If I have even one more problem, or I don't hear from the dealership this week about what they're doing to fix my car, I'm getting a lawyer and suing everybody involved in this. If they were even making an attempt to fulfill my warranty, that would be a different matter, **** happens and some cars are lemons. But they're not even trying. Nobody is trying. Nobody gives a ****.

The best part is, I'm fairly certain that the only thing wrong in the rear end is that it didn't get the friction modifier in it from the factory. I could very easily drain the rear end and put in some Royal Purple of the correct specification and probably solve the issue on my own. But then what happens if that doesn't fix the problem? I'm ****ed, because I went and worked on my own car.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

That sucks

Ford said it's ok so I am going to ride