Cold start/idling issues - Page 4 - MustangForums.com

Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Cold start/idling issues

Reply

 
 
 
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 AM
  #31  
miller89
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location:
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by Slowbra302 View Post
Looks good man! Acts just like mine at idle except my cams activate ones it hits 1000rpm. I wouldn't sweat it! I just have patience now and alotted time for cold starts.

Ill try to get a video for ya bud to help out you at ease!
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I tend to worry easy with the tune you know? Btw did you do the cams yourself or have a shop do it?

Last edited by miller89; 04-25-2013 at 12:04 PM.
miller89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:33 AM
  #32  
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member
 
Slowbra302's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 390
Default

Oh trust me, every little thing that changes or makes a noise gets me all worried. Now I just say screw it, if it breaks it breaks lol.

Ahh the cams question lol. I get this ALL the time lol. I run a tune from BAMA called the bama cam. It allows manual vehicles, when idling to offset the cams to allow the intake and exhaust valves to overlap. The second it is revved or load is put on the motor, the cakes re align and act normal until you clutch it or go into neutral again. Must have your cats removed for this.

To hear how narley these sound go to my YouTube channel, stupidbuchanan9. Let me know what you think!
Slowbra302 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:50 AM
  #33  
miller89
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location:
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by Slowbra302 View Post
Oh trust me, every little thing that changes or makes a noise gets me all worried. Now I just say screw it, if it breaks it breaks lol.

Ahh the cams question lol. I get this ALL the time lol. I run a tune from BAMA called the bama cam. It allows manual vehicles, when idling to offset the cams to allow the intake and exhaust valves to overlap. The second it is revved or load is put on the motor, the cakes re align and act normal until you clutch it or go into neutral again. Must have your cats removed for this.

To hear how narley these sound go to my YouTube channel, stupidbuchanan9. Let me know what you think!
Oh my god that sounds so good! So bama just tunes your car to sound like that? What is the price different from a regular tune?
miller89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:55 PM
  #34  
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member
 
Slowbra302's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 390
Default

Originally Posted by miller89 View Post
Oh my god that sounds so good! So bama just tunes your car to sound like that? What is the price different from a regular tune?
No price difference, you just ask for it and they will send you a file with it activated. Got you a video:


Sorry for the length, but if you have any other questions, feel free man.

Last edited by Slowbra302; 04-26-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Slowbra302 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 PM
  #35  
miller89
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location:
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by Slowbra302 View Post
No price difference, you just ask for it and they will send you a file with it activated. Got you a video:



Sorry for the length, but if you have any other questions, feel free man.
Thanks slowbra I appreciate it. That's an interesting tune, it's safe for the internals to act that way?
miller89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 PM
  #36  
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member
 
Slowbra302's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 390
Default

Originally Posted by miller89 View Post
Thanks slowbra I appreciate it. That's an interesting tune, it's safe for the internals to act that way?
Figure it's like installing actual cams lol. No sure but 6000 miles strong other than my trans maybe lol.
Slowbra302 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 PM
  #37  
miller89
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location:
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by Slowbra302 View Post
Figure it's like installing actual cams lol. No sure but 6000 miles strong other than my trans maybe lol.
Haha fair enough! Well it sounds great man! You pushing too much hp for your tranny to handle?
miller89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 PM
  #38  
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member
 
Slowbra302's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 390
Default

Originally Posted by miller89 View Post
Haha fair enough! Well it sounds great man! You pushing too much hp for your tranny to handle?
Nope. Should be around 400ish rwhp. Think I might have been unlucky now lol. Win some and lose some. Watch my other thread for results
Slowbra302 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
LivingInThePast
Classic Mustangs (Tech)
2
09-16-2015 12:20 PM
J.casone400
General Tech
0
09-12-2015 10:01 PM
MusicCity615
General Tech
7
09-12-2015 07:05 AM
cbird1177711
2005-2014 Mustangs
0
09-02-2015 04:12 PM

Forum Jump

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory