Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Missing a gear and hitting limiter

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:38 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Andy13186
I said almost impossible to get it in the gear, it will be hard to get it into first gear it wont just slip in, and the tune has no effect on this so its somewhat irrelevant. Ill be careful though.

Its hasnt "now become possible to misshift" li;ke post #2 in this thread said. its always been possible before and after tune , correct?
Correct, it has always been possible to mis-shift. It's possible with the stock tune and it's possible with any aftermarket tune. Since there's no adjustments to gear lock-out with a custom tune.

There are things you can do to help prevent missing gears too. The cheapest and most significant upgrade is a shifter bracket. Even if you use an aftermarket shifter bracket with a the stock shifter, you'll definitely see an improvement. Of course, installing a short throw shifter, like the Barton will help even more.

Not sure if you're interested in looking at options to help prevent mis-shifts, but if you are- give me a shout and we'll see what's best for your goals!

Shane
Old 05-23-2014, 01:57 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

I'd be uneasy without the limiter. I had a friend who had a brand new 69 Camaro SS (blue/white top and interior) with a 350. He missed his gear and blew up the engine.