Archive - Want To Buy Ads Looking for a part to increase the performance of your Mustang? Your Mustang Parts search begins here!

V6 or GT BLACK 2005 REAR BUMPER COVER

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:11 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

Default V6 or GT BLACK 2005 REAR BUMPER COVER

V6 or GT doesnt matter - MOST important is that it's BLACK and in GREAT condition!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:31 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

email sent...
Old 02-18-2010, 07:41 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

Default BEWARE RIP-OFF ATTEMPT

ANYONE reading this please NOTE how this guy tried to get me to send him money... as if he's dealing with a dummy!

BEWARE... RIP-OFF ATTEMPT!!

Here's our email exchange (addresses deleted for privacy) read from bottom up:

Gerry,

I can understand that you have two houses & you're currently in Kansas.

My point is, what assurance do I have, once I've sent you money, that I will receive the bumper cover?

Look at it this way - would you trust ME to send YOU the money AFTER I get the bumper cover? Please understand that you're asking me to trust YOU and you have no "history" by which I could judge your honesty - there's nothing I could do if the product never arrives. On the other hand, I'M a regular on the forum with a fine reputation... you could publically defame me if I welshed on a deal. You have no similar liability. Am I making myself clear?

What do you suggest we do in order to feel comfortable doing business with each other?

Rick
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:23:22 -0800
Subject: Re: BLACK GT Bumper Cover
To: rickcampanella@hotmail.com
The thing is Rick i own two different houses. one in wisconsin and a cattle ranch in kansas and my cattle ranch and my house in kansas is where i am at now and where i will be for the next 8 months so you can just send the money order to the address in kansas. because that is my house where i am currently at and will reside until this september. i just own another house in wisconis but i wont be there for awhile. so sending the money order to my kansas home will do just fine.

Sent: Wed, February 17, 2010 1:14:56 PM
Subject: RE: BLACK GT Bumper Cover

Gerry,

Sounds like a good deal. However, I need your help.

Your profile on Mustang Forums was just created yesterday and it states that you live in Wisconsin? Sending you a money order is fine, however I need a little assurance that I'm not just sending money off into a vacuum... I'm sure you'd feel the same in my place.

Please call me @ 508-xxx-xxxx and we can work out the details.

My mailing address is:

Rick
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:53:08 -0800
Subject: Re: BLACK GT Bumper Cover
To: rickcampanella@hotmail.com
Hi rick sending the bumper cover to you will not be a problem. The cost for the bumper cover and the shipping all togethor will be 165 dollars. This bumper cover is in real excellent condition and really polished to where you can see your face in it. You will love it. I only accept money orders so I have included my mailing address in this email on where to send payment. Email me back and let me know your mailing address so i know where to ship the black gt bumper cover. thank you and looking forward to doing business.

Gerry
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX

Sent: Wed, February 17, 2010 5:49:45 AM
Subject: BLACK GT Bumper Cover

Hey fantasymaster,

Thanks for responding to my search...

Where are you located? I'm near Boston, MA, How much for the bumper? Do you know how to package it & what the cost of shipping would be?

Let me know - Rick
Old 02-18-2010, 07:44 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

Of course when he realized I wouldn't trust him so easily... I never heard back. DAMN pisses me off to think there are ********* like him trolling the classified looking for an easy mark... BE CAREFUL GUYS!!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 PM
thedarkside
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fantasymaster
Hi i have a black gt bumper cover and it is is mint great condition and shiny. just drop me a line fantasymaster1976@yahoo.com.
Mint condition and shiny? Generally, scams like this sound like they were written by Borat.

Dearest Friend,

Greatest day, me have the nice shiny bumper for you. Send me all your moneys and gypsy tears friend, I will be shipping so soon as I get your financings.

Hope you liking the greatest weathers.

Your dear friend,

John Smith

lol, sorry this happened to you, I have dealt with scammers in the past, at least you were smart.