Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

TYPE R!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:43 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Default RE: TYPE R!!!

Hate them horrible units
Old 01-03-2007, 12:22 PM
etep31
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HornyHornyHippo

This is exactly why i dont post in the audio section. Everyone here is either a smart ***, or expects you to know the answer. Il stick my 6er sections thanks...
As a fellow sixer, i'm with you all the way buddy.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:21 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

This isnt even about v6 vs v8 war. I was just mad because im a poster on this forum, and deserve the same respect as everyone else. Im sorry i cant afford more expensive cars, but despite that, i deserve the same amount of respect as anyone else here. He apologized, and for that i respect him even more. And the first place it wasnt even really him who started it, but iv seen seight act out of line to many times before to take anymore of it. Thats all i had to say, im done and i do apologize for flipping a ****. So no worrys, and im glad somebody else realizes that this isnt right.

Im done
Old 01-03-2007, 11:08 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

I ask a simple question and you act like total ****.
This isn't even your topic post. You never asked anything in this thread.

If you wanna own up to your ****, then youll grab your ***** and actually help some of else out who just want to learn what the **** we are doing
I did and posted you all this...

HA!
Do yourself a favor and disregard almost everything you've read so far. Kicker sqaures are a joke, Alpine isn't bad, but you did say you want quality and boom right?

Ok so you've got $750ish to work with

JL Audio A1400 amplifier or Total 500.1
JL Audio 12W3V34
TOTAL TAK4 wiring kit
Custom enclosure Built at a real shop.
That would put you right at about $800 if you buy the equipment retail. PLus this sub will flow with your black on black theme with the car, all black trim and cone subwoofer. Super clean looking.

You'd be rolling likethis http://mobile.jlaudio.com/gallery/images/ga_4757_full.jpg but not with 2 subs just one, and hey this way you can run it ported and you'll get that loudness your looking for.
Go to JL (jlaudio.com)and Totals websites (totalmobileaudio.com) and find your nearest dealer, since it's not the easiest to get their stuff online. And If you do need a line convertor that sucks because it will destroy your sound quality, consider buying a deck, an Eclipse if you want a suggestion on that. even something simple like a CD2000 will get the job done but I would assume someone your age is into the new stuff like satellite radio and iPods and everything so spending the extra money on a CD4000 is another suggestion.
And you totally disregard all of it pretty much. So dont say I dont answer your questions. You come into a forum for one thing and thats opinions. Sorry mine is direct, and blunt. You don't have to read nor believe what I say thats why it's an opinion. I've been down your road before, i've bought crap and replaced it all with more crap many times before and ended up spending just as much if not more than something good would have originally costed. I try and tell people that all the time but people get pissed when they hearwhat they dont want to. Especially when it deals with their money and car combined. I can't make you buy anything, but i can tell you what I would do when you ask, and obviously thats why you came in here, because you didn't want to search and deal with trial and error on buying and blowing up stereo equipment before relizing yourself what to do. So put what you want in your car, I could care less honestly. I have worked at 3 places that all sell car audio equipment. It's great because they are all in 3 different catergories too. Best Buy, very corporate, have tons of low end cheap and average equipment. American, corporate but not a nation wide company, have competetive pricing to compete with Best Buy, but keep some higher end stuff to please the higher end customer. And a company that the owner and president is your co-worker and personal friend you see everyday, where they pick what is on the sales floor, not what company will give them the most profits for putting their stuff on the floor, and what equipment satisfys and brings as many customers back as possible because they need that to compete with the massive numbers the corporation across the street does. Between messing around with car accessories everday for the past 3 years and owning several systems from each place, I can tell you alot. So see where im coming from or stay pissed because I said a brand isn't what it's cracked up to be, it's up to you. Theres alot of junk companies out there that employ twice the people in their marketing department than development and design, and also pay their marketers twice as much. And one manager at the last place I mentioned something that is incredibly true... Audiobahn is proof that marketing works, and sadly the consumers in this industry are the ones that make it true.

Dont listen to someones delivery, listen to their message.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 AM
pb2unknown
1st Gear Member

I like how the orginall poster hasn't even looked at this yet/posted back.
Ha so this has became a chew the other person out thread, how the hell did it even get to V6 vs. V8...........
Old 01-04-2007, 07:05 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

I am still yet to see where this became a V6 vs. V8 thread, why is everyone saying that? One person made a comment about a V6 Mustang, ad that person said something back otherwise this entirethread has been about audio.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

their really good subs.i had 2 of them in my truck..highly recommend them
Old 01-05-2007, 12:19 AM
stangthang21

If anyone else is interested...look into re audio, fi, or tc sounds for car audio. Very good companies with very good reputations. Both fi and tc sounds have extremely good prices and great service. RE has moved to a dealer based company so direct prices will seem very expensive. If you want good prices on RE email store@realmofexcursion.com. His name is Shon and he runs the store over at realmofexcursion. He's a great guy and can get you awesome prices on quality products!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:30 AM
PReal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangthang21

If anyone else is interested...look into re audio, fi, or tc sounds for car audio. Very good companies with very good reputations. Both fi and tc sounds have extremely good prices and great service. RE has moved to a dealer based company so direct prices will seem very expensive. If you want good prices on RE email store@realmofexcursion.com. His name is Shon and he runs the store over at realmofexcursion. He's a great guy and can get you awesome prices on quality products!
I remember the good old days when you could buy an RE 8 for $50 direct from RE. Then us amps bought them and everything has doubled in price.

I have never heard a louder setup then the 4 15" RE MT's walled in my friends trailblazer. They even sounded ok at low volumes for music reproduction.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:03 AM
03machyellow
3rd Gear Member

Nothing wrong with a type r as long as you have the right amp in the car to power it, if you have a shi+++ amp then yes get it the hell out of a mustang.

Quick Reply: TYPE R!!!