Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Rust Bullet -vs- POR 15. Experiences please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 03:38 AM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Rust Bullet -vs- POR 15. Experiences please.

ORIGINAL: EricButler

ORIGINAL: Clu7ch

well, that's not always a downfall . . . . . . .
I know I was not putting it down at all. I have nothing but good to say about Rust Bullet. It was my fault for not getting off my hands as soon as I got it on them.
no! LOL! i was refering to the fact that if it got on the right way you'd have no fingerprints!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Mark Belson

Question Any autobody shop in or near KC that uses Rust Bullet?

Originally Posted by EricButler
I have used Rust bullet on the floor of my Mustang. The stuff is awsome. It is very easy to use and looks great when you are done. The stuff is like steal!! I even tried to chip it on a test panel just to see if it was really as tuff as they say and it was amazing how hard I had to scrap it to mess it up. I have even used it on my rusty hitch on my daily driver that sees the nasty road salt all the time in the winter. NO rust has come back at all and the hitch looks brand new. I really believe you can't go wrong with Rust bullet if this is the way you decide to go. Awsome stuff.
I live in Kansas City. Did you get your Rust Bullet job done here in Kansas City by an autobody shop, or was this all applied by you on your own? If this was all done DIY by you, do you know of any autobody shops in KC or near KC that have experience using and applying Rust Bullet? Mark Belson
Old 10-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Someday67

I am a little late to the original party but I wanted to add more variables to the conversation. I have used two products in the last couple of years and been pleased with the results. The problem with my experience is that I have gone way too far eliminating the rust beforehand for best results but I am happy with what I got. For suspension and chassis parts I have been pleased with a product called Chassis Saver. You can read all about it online but it claims to be all you need to "coat" over rust and eliminate its progress. I bought silver and matte black so you can do two coats and have no doubt where the first one is. I think it also claims to chemically alter rust but don't quote me on that. It is cheaper than POR as well. Another product good for underhood, chassis and trunk coating is Zero Rust. I am working on a "Diamond Blue" '68 Mustang but the Spray cans of white are good enough for a primer or final coating. It comes in more color variations. You can also buy a powder product to dissolve in water and use to change the PH of the metal surface for best results and buy a clearcoat to shine it up when you are done.