Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

project 1970 update

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:13 AM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

Default RE: project 1970 update

well last weekend i got the entire back done bodys lookin nice includen the rear side passangers side and all except a spot on the roof , the passanger door and the passanger front fender are all done. those are all i need to do in the line of exterior butification. anyway a couple guys at work are workin on gettin me a 4bar mani for my 4 bar edelbrock. thats all ive gotten done the last few weeks sry i havent been keepin an update on it im sure some1 cares ha ha . i just havent had time i been workin so much latley anyway ill try and have some decent pictures up tommorow i finally have a day off so ima drink and be merry with my car. and if i got time my fiance ha ha j/k
Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 AM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

well well well looks like its' been a while since i came on here huh well you guys i havent gotten the car on the road yet been really busy but been trying to work on her a little heres the 411 , i posted a assload of new pics on my cardomain so chack em out at the link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2560576or just look them up on there under 1970 ford mustang deadmanrob as the name. so far ive...
started her up and she sounded beautiful after i put the gas tank with the new sending unit in and reconnected it and thats when i found the huge fiasco with the battary well bout a week later i got a kensworth semi truck battary from my job and put it in it (talkin bout juice) went down and filled a 5 gallon gascan and tossed it up in the mustang . came back home filled her up leavin a lil in the can and tipped a lil in the carb and turned the key.............(drum rollin)............. after this many effing years cranked right up i was astonished but had to turn her back off cuz it was just WAAAAAAAAA like i was taken her down the strip.... what it was was the gas pedal stuck down so i lifted it and wd-40'd it and worked it till it wouldnt stick ... now i cranked it back up.........WAAAAAAAAAA...... ok what the fudge... the throttle cabel was stuck in.... ok a lil annoying so i just pulled it back out and wd-40'd it ( gods gift liquid wrench) . worked it and blam crunk her up again aid all you heard was a low roaring beautiful sound of blub blub blub blub sittin there . water was suckin beautifully circulatin and everything . so i came over and sat in the driver seat with the proudest grin and had to hear her talk to me so i gave her a little gas and reved her sexy *** a lil and she sounded like she was made for me . bout brought a tear to my eye . it was slingin all the debrea out of the crevises and everything like that so i turned her off . wellt hat was bout a week after my last post and only since then yesturday i started workin on her again finished the back and the passanger sides body work and ran out o grey primer so if you go look at the new pictures you will see i had a little fun with the black primer i think it looks cool for now ... ima need a new hood either way . the work on it is was ****work and it is slowly rotting so when i buy i new one ill probly get a nice fiberglass with built on hoodscoop or some **** . i havent decided yet . oh ha ha and 3 days before i started her up my friend came over with some black rostoleum and we painted my fan blade cuz the one my older brother got was red but over the time had faded to a pink fairy color . well i didnt mean to talk your eyes out but its been so long and i want to keep those who are interested updated as a few asked for. and a quick question who thinks this car would look slick as hell with lambo lift up doors .
Old 06-06-2007, 03:52 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

its lookin good man, good job!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:57 AM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

thank ya i love feedback
Old 06-06-2007, 05:16 AM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

lambo doors are for lanbos methinks
there was a post on here a while back with some pics. i think it was a 66.it was certainly different.
id rather spend the money on making it go, stop and handle better
wtf its your car.
good luck with the work
Old 06-06-2007, 05:32 AM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

just thinkin in my head of eventually what its gonna look like and i think it'd look good given the cars shapes and with the long length of the door how it would just look good... whatever like i said i love input
Old 06-06-2007, 10:06 AM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

Looking at your 70 makes me want to start working on my 69. As soon as my 73 is running again I am going to pull my 69 in and get started. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:29 PM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

thats cool im glad to have inspired some1 else that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside lol but yea ill keep ya all posted as i go . i got work for the next few days but hopefully sunday i will have the floorboards in and the spot on the roof fixed . then all i needs the steering part , a water pump and to wire up my taillights and she can be on the road... well after i put new shoes on her flat timres arnt the best to dirive on especially dryrot ones.but ye i wanna get another 70 just like mine after i finish this one to give to my brother being that this was once his car and hes sad i got his ha ha oh well . one day ill have the means to getone for him .
Old 06-06-2007, 07:24 PM
dlynch
2nd Gear Member

my 1970 mustang http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2588534

i need to update more pics got a bunch of new body parts on the way. i know some are thinkin it looked good befor but upclose the cars been painted 3 diffrent colors the driveside quarter was an INCH of fiberglass so striped her down sealed the roof and a pillars last night wait in on parts for now
Old 06-07-2007, 08:29 AM
deadmanrob
1st Gear Member

looks very nice much much better then mine . but i had to get mine where it is so that i now have somthing to work with.funny thing is i had a tarp in my trunk just like that lmao

Quick Reply: project 1970 update